Crap, I’m tempted. I always wanted a side by side🤷

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the hammer guns, I have a Stoeger SXS Coach tht I bought a few years ago. I had a hammerless SXS 12 Ga as a 13 year old and it cost around $18.00 at that time. I found that when I shot one barrel the other hammer dropped too so I unloaded that one!

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Baikal sxs twenty some odd years ago because I thought it would be kind of a cool beater duck gun. It’s kind of single shot because it doubles two out of three shots. I think you could drop a B-17 when both barrels launch simultaneously. Wait a sec, single pull of the trigger.... more than one shot.... OMG Becky! I have an unregistered machine gun! :ooh2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Baikal sxs twenty some odd years ago because I thought it would be kind of a cool beater duck gun. It’s kind of single shot because it doubles two out of three shots. I think you could drop a B-17 when both barrels launch simultaneously. Wait a sec, single pull of the trigger.... more than one shot.... OMG Becky! I have an unregistered machine gun! :ooh2:
My old Damascus barreled hammer SXS would double if the left trigger was pulled first. If one pulled the right trigger it fired normally. Always shot black powder loads through it to keep pressure low. Sadly it was stolen in a home burglary.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old Dad picked up a Remington 1897 with ears and Damascus barrels at an auction years ago. I haven’t taped the barrels but I’d guess they are 32-34”. I kept walking past it at his house and one day really looked at it. Something looked off so I went and grabbed a 10ga shell and it dropped in like a fitted cork. The gun is tight as a tick and the barrels are flawless. I’m going to scrounge up some BP shells and see if I can’t bust a tom with it, maybe this year. The only doubles that haven’t grown on me are dreilings.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 20ga Baikal SXS, it swings like a 48” 4x4, but something about it, I just like it. Every time I’ve pulled the trigger, something has died. It’s one of those ugly guns that defies physics, and works better than it should. I honestly love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom