Crap, I’m tempted. I always wanted a side by side🤷

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3 oldest grandsons got 870 Express 20 Ga for their 12th birthday.
4 grandson has been going to cowboy shoots with me. For 6 months he was telling his Dad, "you know I am going to be 12. I want a double barrel, instead of a pump."

He loves his SxS. His 10yo brother is trying, but not needs a little more arm. He is getting good with the Single Six, though.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3 oldest grandsons got 870 Express 20 Ga for their 12th birthday.
4 grandson has been going to cowboy shoots with me. For 6 months he was telling his Dad, "you know I am going to be 12. I want a double barrel, instead of a pump."

He loves his SxS. His 10yo brother is trying, but not needs a little more arm. He is getting good with the Single Six, though.
So are you competing in the cowboy shoots? If so, I’d like to hear more about that. I’m going to try and go watch the cowboy mounted shooting event coming up in February in El Reno. Kind of playing around with the idea of trying it out in the future.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So are you competing in the cowboy shoots? If so, I’d like to hear more about that. I’m going to try and go watch the cowboy mounted shooting event coming up in February in El Reno. Kind of playing around with the idea of trying it out in the future.
We have shoots in Grandfield, on Red River. Not National Matches, though there is one NM held.

I believe there are matches at Tri-City. I haven't been there.

I have no visions of grandeur, believing in well over win a match. Arthritis in thumbs and age, I don't move fast. But, I shoot for fun, talk with like minded people, see the good shooters and compare equipment.
Our matches are informal, but safe. Each stage is timed and scores posted.

Go to Shortgrass Rangers page for pics and info. PM me if you want to discuss, to not hijack thread.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a "Joe Biden special" 12 gauge sxs coach gun. It was a zenith, it had a beautiful stock and case hardened receiver. I had to sell it when I was unemployed. TPD's Chaplin bought it. I wish I could get another.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love SXS and O/U's.

Attachments

• 20220124_131458.jpg
    20220124_131458.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inherited my Dad's LC Smith sxs. Haven't shot it and may never. Quick story since some mention selling when times were tough and regretting. My Dad had gotten this shotgun from his Dad so it meant something. He was starting his own steel construction company in OKC in the early 80s. Had some really, really tough years getting started and trying to make payroll. So, he sold this shotgun to a guy who knew his business partner. The business partner went back to the guy and bought it back. Gave it back to my Dad about 20 years later. Not the best pictures.
LC Smith 1.jpg

Attachments

• LC Smith 2.jpg
    LC Smith 2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 21

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme from Jim Finch (longhunt.com) and it is amazing. Jim tunes these for Cowboy Action Shooting. Always wanted a SxS (besides my Beretta O/U) to have as a house gun.

Jim is a really nice guy and does a great job on the Stoegers.

Attachments

• CG 1 (2).jpg
    CG 1 (2).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 18
  • CG Both Barrels.jpg
    CG Both Barrels.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Top Bottom