Crap range day: P238 Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I and my wife have never had that problem with either mags we have both also. Somethings not right, weak spring something bent, etc. I would send it back for repair. Might do some other things to it while it is there. We have found ours to be reliable.
I Quoted myself here:
I should have added that ours were early ones purchased in about 2012 before the big rush, which might be a factor. I would guess easily 500-600 rounds each with a mix of both mags. Thanks for posting and the links, If we start having problems we will know where to look.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called Sig this morning, explained the issue. She says they will send me a shipping label but its a $55 shipping charge to do the work. I say thats BS to have to pay $55 to fix an issue that is from the factory. "Well its because you have had it for two years". Ok, so I buy a gun and decide to further patronize your company by buying additional accessories (mine did not come with extended mags)...and those factory extended mags do not properly work in my factory firearm and I'm on the hook for you guys to make it work? Anywho...she ends up "talking to her supervisor" and they are now going to cover shipping...so it should go out tomorrow after I get the shipping label and they are saying its a 3-4 week turnaround time for the gunsmith to fix it.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No word from Sig thus far...they've had it for about a week. I heard they told people 3-5 weeks but were having a real turnaround of about 10 days so we'll see if I get lucky with that or if it'll be what they told me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom