Crappie 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A kid at work fished Arcadia Monday eve and took a few slabs home.
I’m going up to my lease tomorrow and give the crappie a try

i would never eat a fish caught at lake arcadia. decades before it became "big" lake arcadia it was the dump site for power transformers, lots of power transformers. would you like some fish with your plate of PCB's ?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Caught a few nice ones at the lease. Not enough to clean so they live for another day. I think it’s about a week away for my ponds

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught about 100 today on Eufaula.

Attachments

• 21611BE0-49CF-4262-9F3F-D9EC3F6F2226.jpeg
    21611BE0-49CF-4262-9F3F-D9EC3F6F2226.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 282

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 3 fish crappie rule if they are decent sized. Three is enough for a meal of fresh fish, two is not, so they go back.

My rule is catch as many as you can, but I only keep five between 10" and 12.5". That's a meal for me and my wife with maybe some left over for a cold fish sandwich. Anything under goes back and anything over goes back (unless I'm trying to gather fish for a organizational fish fry.) During the spawn all apparent females go back. I usually have some in the freezer but if not I might keep two meals and freeze one. But I fish for them year round.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My rule is catch as many as you can, but I only keep five between 10" and 12.5". That's a meal for me and my wife with maybe some left over for a cold fish sandwich. Anything under goes back and anything over goes back (unless I'm trying to gather fish for a organizational fish fry.) During the spawn all apparent females go back. I usually have some in the freezer but if not I might keep two meals and freeze one. But I fish for them year round.
Pretty much we are on the same program. I don't rape the lake with excessive numbers of keepers unless It's crappie camp and I'm the cook. I don't fish much during the spawn for crappie, mainly January and February, although that is changing. As up and coming snowbirds in the RV field, we won't be around here much in those months. Redfish and specks may replace crappie during the winter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom