Crappie Fishing Docks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Settled_Nomad

"Be Curious, Not Judgmental." -- Ted Lasso
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can I get a crappie fishing report and suggestions? I usually hit Carl Blackwell, but the last three trips wasn't been fruitful. I did ok at Eufaula last week, and hoping to try it again. Any other docks/lakes recommended?

Last edited:

Settled_Nomad

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The docks at Lake Ponca produce a ton of crappie for us, but it's fickle. You have to find the right depth or you'll end up going home without those filets.
Heard great things about Kaw lake. I was told the large brush piles by the bridge are great. I haven't had a chance to try it out. I am a fan of tight-line fishing for crappie, so fishing on docks is preferred. The crappie 'Thump' is addictive. Are there heated/enclosed dock(s) on Ponca City lake?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard great things about Kaw lake. I was told the large brush piles by the bridge are great. I haven't had a chance to try it out. I am a fan of tight-line fishing for crappie, so fishing on docks is preferred. The crappie 'Thump' is addictive. Are there heated/enclosed dock(s) on Kaw lake?

I don't think Kaw has heated docks like Lake Ponca, but I haven't fished it in probably a decade. Hoddy has some brush piles in there though (or at least used to) we used to have good luck pulling crappie out of the camping cove east of the damn, but it was usually warmer months we did that with golden minners

Settled_Nomad

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard great things about Kaw lake. I was told the large brush piles by the bridge are great. I haven't had a chance to try it out. I am a fan of tight-line fishing for crappie, so fishing on docks is preferred. The crappie 'Thump' is addictive. Are there heated/enclosed dock(s) on Ponca City lake?
I Googled and found info. May have to try at next chance. Thanks 'TwoForFlinching'

Settled_Nomad

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for crappie fishing reports. Anyone crappie fished lately? Heard they are biting good at Lake Overholser since the ice over. I was told Eufaula marina/dock fishing has been slow due to the big shad kill. Planning to hit Carl Blackwell this weekend. Would love to try other lakes if anyone have recommendations.

Settled_Nomad

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to try out Lake Overholser last Saturday. I didn't do good because I didn't have the preferred hair jigs. Talking to the fishermen, found out the preferred color is yellow jig heads with white hair, or black jig heads with chartreuse hair. 1/32 is the size of the jig heads. I came back Sunday with the proper jigs and caught a few. I am hoping to hit is again this weekend. Heard it's been slow, but a day of fishing beats a swift kick to the head or work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom