Crazy housing market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another issue is some sellers/agents may prefer a conventional mortgage over an fha. FHA inspections are brutal, and a seemingless perfect home may need additional items fixed that would not be an issue with a conventional mortgage.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another issue is some sellers/agents may prefer a conventional mortgage over an fha. FHA inspections are brutal, and a seemingless perfect home may need additional items fixed that would not be an issue with a conventional mortgage.
It was a VA. Her realtor finally got a response last night from listing agent. "Sellers decided to go another way".

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was offered $160 for my place, I declined. Was not even on the market. Its just a simple frame house on about an acre, nothing special. I have remodeled a few years back after the break in.

Houses are selling so fast here I have no idea where I could move to.

House across the road from me that owner trashed sold 1 same day it was listed, she lost her ass tho since she would not make the repairs, buyers got a decent price and are remodeling to stay.

Old_Red

Marksman
Reaction score
Interest rates are unbelievably low as the FED hemorrhages money to buy Treasury Bonds at interest rates so low no one else will buy them in the quantity the Federal government needs to fuel their spending spree.

As inflation that we've all felt in our pocketbooks for the last 8 years finally makes the news and the FED keeps hinting about raising interest rates folk think they see the end of 3 & 4% home loans in the near future. The cost of building new is awful and the uncertainty of the cost of money once a new house is built is uncertain.

Paying the asking price today beats getting into a bidding war on a house tomorrow. I don't think we will see much of that in Oklahoma, but there was a little the last time we were in this shape.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an offer for my Lakehouse last week that is $550K+ over what I have in it...and I don't have it for sale. Crazy.
What lake?

I'll be looking for one in the not so distant future but it'll be after all this nonsense is over. Looking hard at Grand (Langley or Disney) or maybe even over in Arkansas.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Houses are selling so fast here I have no idea where I could move to.

Exactly my view of the situation - received an unsolicited inquiry via text a couple of weeks ago. Questionable source as it was clear from the text and the follow-up phone conversation that English was not the person's first language. There were references to an investment group wanting to add to its portfolio. I decided to ignore it plus I don't have time to find another place and move.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly my view of the situation - received an unsolicited inquiry via text a couple of weeks ago. Questionable source as it was clear from the text and the follow-up phone conversation that English was not the person's first language. There were references to an investment group wanting to add to its portfolio. I decided to ignore it plus I don't have time to find another place and move.
I get those texts almost daily on my two properties for a couple years. Never respond. Talked to one on a voice call recently, but they weren’t interstate in my price. They wanted below market value and this was before all this inflated prices came on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom