Crazy theory?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or maybe on to something. I want your thoughts please.

Last year as many of you know something hit me hard and put my large and lovely self in ICU.

I had a horrible cough, slight fever at times, trouble breathing, etc. I went to 3 different docs over a month getting checked. Was given three different ideas as to what was wrong, 3 different antibiotics, 3 different cough meds, etc. Nothing helped and it kept getting worse until I gave up one night and went to the ER where they took x-rays and promptly slapped my happy a$$ into an ambulance and shipped me to the main hospital down town.

That is the last I really remember until I came to weeks later in ICU with hose coming out of me. I had lost 40 pounds by this point. Could not stand, go to the bathroom by myself, even talking was hard on me. Took weeks until I could stand and / or walk and there were a few falls in there to give the nurses a little something to do.

Now on heart meds, breathing treatments, have scarring on my lung and my ribs are not healing well. Docs say I will be on O2 the rest of my life.

Anyway, my theory is, there is something besides the Chinese Flu going around that the docs just can not find. They took nasal swabs and all kinds of test before and while I was in the hospital with no results. Could there be a bug or something the test can not pick up and that is hitting some people at the same time as the virus? It would explain why so many people are getting the virus but not dying, and why some people that should not have a real problem with the virus are dying.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say that's the flaw of modern medicine in general. You can only confirm the presence of things we already know exist. I think what we often WISH could happen is our primary care doc has a "baseline" of how our body works while we are 100% healthy (plus a list of all the bacteria and organisms that live within us during that time), and then when we get sick, the doc can just scan us and compare against the baseline to know what has changed.

But I think the sad truth is that unless you're wealthy enough to have a doctor who can earn a salary just by spending weeks or days looking at your problems and trying to find a culprit, you pretty much have to play the cards you're dealt.

I can't count how many times I've been utterly disappointed by doctors basically telling me "everything looks fine so you just have to deal with the specific thing that is bothering you".

Anyway hope you can get better and at least not rely on O2.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had basically the same symptoms, though not as severe. Caught it just before T'giving and didn't shake it until mid February. Nobody else in my household/family caught it from me. I also went through 3 rounds of medicine with no relief. Also took the flu swab --- negative.

I could be talking and my voice would go to nothing because I ran outa breath. Worst cough I ever had.

I firmly believe that I had an early version of this crapola and the experts had no clue.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s scary right there. Glad you pulled through.

I was convinced I’d had COVID-19 earlier this year. Damn near cracked ribs coughing so much. I tested negative for strep and flu. Kiddos did too.

Long story short I tested negative for Covid-19 antibodies.

I do believe Covid-19 has been around longer than they admit but there was/is definitely something else pretty evil going around. I went to the doctor and I NEVER do that.

My endurance still hasn’t fully gotten back to normal. It really hit my heart and lungs bad.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tested negative for Covid-19 antibodies too. That is part of the reason I believe there is something else going around too that is not showing up on their test.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your theory is supported by data whose sample size is one. You are probably just not very healthy.

While I am diabetic, before all this I was strong as an ox and pretty damn active. Will Admit to be over weight. Problem is I keep hearing the same symptoms and similar stories from others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I am diabetic, before all this I was strong as an ox and pretty damn active. Will Admit to be over weight. Problem is I keep hearing the same symptoms and similar stories from others.
Have you gotten a covid antibodies test? Edit- just read your reply above. Maybe it was a false negative, who knows?
I got nailed with a bug in feb that I would totally believe was covid. They say covid was here as early as last December.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could be something else going around. I got sick in late October early November, went to the doc after 2 weeks, tested negative for flu. Got an antibiotic and steroid shot, didn’t help a bit. Laid in bed for 4 days of the 6weeks I felt terrible. And I’m not old like all you guys!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom