Crazy theory?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SMS, I believe the government intentionally withholds information from us at times-perhaps for fear of creating undue fear or even to keep the economy rolling along. I think that probably is long the lines of what you mentioned. When I was younger I trusted our government but in recent years...they lost me somewhere along the way. Benghazi info was deliberately withheld , the transfer of billions of dollars in cash and gold to Iran was purposefully withheld and flown to Iran under cover of darkness-someone didn't want us to know. Yep, they withhold information. Another SMS..
The Tonkin Gulf incident and all the facts that come out after every war that the government has suppressed has created a mindset in me to never trust government and always question authority.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of that together is why I don't give a damn about what a politician says, only what they do. They are all lying weasels but if one at least tries to keep their promises it counts for a lot with me.
Bingo!
Lets look back in history and see what past presidents and past senators, along with congressmen have actually done vs what they have promised.
As you suspect, the count is almost zero.
Who has actually had the most impressive record in promises made and promises kept?
I'll let the gallery decide.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo!
Lets look back in history and see what past presidents and past senators, along with congressmen have actually done vs what they have promised.
As you suspect, the count is almost zero.
Who has actually had the most impressive record in promises made and promises kept?
I'll let the gallery decide.

Trump has done better than any I can remember.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't give a damn about what a politician says, only what they do.
I will take an achiever any day of the week over someone that is a great orator-someone that talks and promises but those promises are as empty as the orator's suit as one finds out after they're in office. All they want is the position, prestige and power-plus untold wealth and they will stomp on anyone that gets in their way. And that is not what those that created the Constitution wanted. Politics weren't supposed to be a position of gaining wealth, it was position of servitude-serving the nation-not servicing the citizens.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom