Criminals today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not here in Oklahoma. If the DA rules it was a good shoot (self defense) then you are immune from civil lawsuit by the perp.
Oklahoma Statutes (O.S.)

Title 21. Penal Code

§ 21-1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER........

F. A person who uses defensive force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such defensive force. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant
The only problem with that is you still have to hire an attorney. Hopefully your insurance will cover that if you have that coverage, but don’t take anything for granted.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It all depends on the DA in the city/county where the shoot occurred. Some have no respect for the 2A and others respect it and it's intent completely.
Yes, we are protected by state law if the shoot is good, but getting the good part by the DA can be time and money consuming.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RETOKSQUID , I agree with you, but the journey can sometimes be a rough road. I had an employee several years ago that did everything correctly and still had a hard time. He had carry insurance, I don’t remember which company. That’s why they tell us, “stay smart “
True, unfortunatly the wife and I have already been through the legal ringer due to a shooting way before CC insurance was a common thing. Was not fun in any way shape or form, and we were fortunate to have only had to spend 2 grand that we didn't really have at the time. Know of a few folks that have had to spend ten times that amount.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My employee ran up a bill close to 100 grand. His wife was fired ( due the shooting and the bad image it gave her employer?) and my employee was away from work so much, we had to replace him, and naturally with the publicity, it took him a pretty good while to eventually be employed at a level to what he had with us.

Actions always have consequences, and some are just not that pleasant.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not here in Oklahoma. If the DA rules it was a good shoot (self defense) then you are immune from civil lawsuit by the perp.
Oklahoma Statutes (O.S.)

Title 21. Penal Code

§ 21-1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER........

F. A person who uses defensive force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such defensive force. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant
Theres a pharmicist rotting in an Oklahoma prison right now for killing an ARMED robber...guess he got a D.A. that doesn't like the 2nd...

Latest posts

Top Bottom