Criminals today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not here in Oklahoma. If the DA rules it was a good shoot (self defense) then you are immune from civil lawsuit by the perp.
Oklahoma Statutes (O.S.)

Title 21. Penal Code

§ 21-1289.25 PHYSICAL OR DEADLY FORCE AGAINST INTRUDER........

F. A person who uses defensive force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such defensive force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such defensive force. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant
Same here in Idaho, God bless for "FREE AMERICA" "Pity the people who's government forbids them the right of self defense"

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. The threat was over and he reloaded and dumped more rounds into him. I guess he got a D.A. that knows a bad shoot when he/she sees one.
The threat isn't over if the perp is still moving. No one should be expected to act in a rational manner in an irrational situation. I would have liked to have seen the defense allowed to have a masked gunman enter the courtroom and point a gun at the jury just so they would know what that is like before they pass judgement on someone who was in that situation.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The threat isn't over if the perp is still moving. No one should be expected to act in a rational manner in an irrational situation. I would have liked to have seen the defense allowed to have a masked gunman enter the courtroom and point a gun at the jury just so they would know what that is like before they pass judgement on someone who was in that situation.
Ersland looked terrified as he casually strolled past the unconscious robber to retrieve a second weapon. Ersland then was so scared he walked right up to him and dumped a few shots into his stomach. BS. I don't feel bad for the robber, and I do feel sorry for Ersland for being put in that situation and I don't think he should have spent much time in jail, but to act like this was an overzealous DA or an acceptable self-defense shooting is taking away from those that do act responsibly.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why they have jury vetting, they don't want anybody that has been in a situation that is being tried so as not to throw a wrench into any prejudice of the perp being convicted, if all the juror's had past experiences with the crime in question the perp would get a hanging sentence after a 30 second vote. This is supposed to be the fairest way but often the perp's get off because of it, hence our system of justice is not perfect and with so many crooked liberal judges and lawyers infesting our system anymore justice seems to be a fleeting thing and it shows with the amount of increase of vigilante justice these days.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The D.A didn't like the pumping of rounds into his back when he was already shot and down on the floor.
Yeah i understand that but last week a sheriffs deputy did literally the same thing ON CAMERA and his boss lauded him as a HERO, I know what your saying describes LITERAL overkill but why does it get you a prison sentence if you're a private citizen but a pat on the back if your in LE?

Latest posts

Top Bottom