Critics: 'The Purge' an attack on Tea Party, NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what you're really saying is wait for it to hit RedBox because it's really only worth a buck for the whole family to watch?

I can think of better things to purchase for a buck, honestly. "The Purge" is the definition of a bad movie. Bad acting, the actions of the characters made no sense at times, poor twists.

Well since the director and some of the stars have openly stated it is designed as a social commentary on Tea Party and NRA types, I have to disagree with your assessment. However, I guess it is so poorly done that they botched their own intended message. Good.

Believe me, it's poorly done. Of course it's a social commentary and of course one can definitely say it's about Tea Partiers and hardcore conservatives who don't give a crap about the poor, but not once during the film did I ever pick up on "Oh, this is a slap in the face to the NRA." It's about class warfare. To me, the movie clearly says that, yes, there's a color divide, but it's not black or white, it's green.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's funny there was a big thread on this movie recently with excitement. Now the director says it's about the NRA and now it's the definition of a bad movie

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, the wife tells us last night that it is also an anti-Christian movie and she has forbid me to take our son to it, who is 16 and 6'1" x 200lbs but is still under his mommys thumb. Mob rules. Now we're goin t go see 'Now You See Me' instead. Anybody have any complaints or opinions about that one then they can suck it. Lollll.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can think of better things to purchase for a buck, honestly. "The Purge" is the definition of a bad movie. Bad acting, the actions of the characters made no sense at times, poor twists.

Which is unforunately true for most movies produced these days. Depend heavily upon new technologies to cover up piss power writing. Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom