1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

CRKT knives...any good?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by vikhiri root, Aug 5, 2019.

1. vikhiri root

vikhiri root New to the site!

I’m intrigued by this knife and I’d love to have one.
    I can’t see where it’s made, but I bet its imported.. which I don’t care for
    What are your opinions?

2. okie362

okie362 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have a couple CRKT knives and for the money they perform quite well. I carry 2 with me whenever I travel internationally rather than carrying expensive custom knives. Rather surrender one of those than an expensive custom.

3. blake711

blake711 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have used CRKT knives for years as edc while working. I am hard on a knife so I may use it in ways I shouldn't. I have had multiple M-16 variants. My favorite is their smallest lightest one CRKT M16-01Z EDC. It is a very light and inexpensive knife around 30 bucks. I have dropped them in the lake, broke the points off and sharpened it flat so I had a screw driver tip and numerous other things I would never do with my Emerson knives. I think CRKT is as good as any in their price point apples to apples. You can get them sharp enough and they will hold an edge as expect for the price. They also have a good selection if you find a knife you like they will have different flavors of blade and handle types normally. Years ago I tried some different brands just looking for a knife like I mentioned that I could beat up and not be worried if I lost it. CRKT fits that bill for me.

4. Mavmatt

Mavmatt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have been using a crkt M-16 style knife as my edc now for a year. I love it, I’m hard on knifes and also usually buy budget friendly ones. Crkt and kershaw have been my go to for the last few years. After seeing the one you posted I’ll probably buy one of those also for myself. I really like the spine design and also the sheath. I have been thinking about a straight blade knife for EDC and that looks perfect for me.

5. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I currently have three, and CRKT is normally one of the first places I will look when in the market for a purchase.

6. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Columbia River Knife & Tool, Inc.
    (CRKT) is an American knife company established in 1994, and currently based in Tualatin, Oregon, United States.
    Headquarters: Tualatin, Oregon
    Key people: Founders: Paul Gillespi and Rod ...
    Revenue: US$2.5-5 million est. Annual Sales

7. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

CRKT is decent enough for their main price point. They're usually better than the cheap junk you'll find at Harbor Freight or at the convenience store, but, for the most part, you're not going to confuse them with Spyderco or Zero Tolerance--but you're also not going to be in the same price range, either. I had one of their original M16 knives back when they started (and I still have a couple of their KISS "half-knives"), and it was an exceptionally good knife for the money, but I've also had CRKT knives that you'd be hard-pressed to tell from junk shop specials.

FWIW, for about the same money, Kershaw makes a more uniformly better knife, IMHO. They just seem to have better quality control.

RETOKSQUID likes this.
  8. Garrett

Garrett Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I carry a 13SFG daily and love it!

9. Johnjennings

Johnjennings Marksman

Rating
    100%
    They are fair, have had and carried a few different models, for the price they are decent

sedona likes this.
  10. nick.410

nick.410 Sharpshooter

I've got several I carry quite a bit. Avant is one.