CRKT knives...any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavysmoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont like them at all. Too many better options for the money. Kershaw has better QC for the same money, and Spyderco is much better quality for just a little bit more.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont like them at all. Too many better options for the money. Kershaw has better QC for the same money, and Spyderco is much better quality for just a little bit more.

I really like the design of the CRKT originally posted. Does Kershaw or Spyderco make one close to that size and pattern? I may have missed it, but don’t see it.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a CRKT I have had for around 20 years.
Apache II. They have not been made in years now. I have used it for cleaning Fish, Squirrel, Rabbit, Deer, Vegetables out in the garden and anything else I need it for.
Holds a good edge. As you can tell from the pictures it has been sharpened a time or two over the 20 years I've had it.
Yep I like CRKT Knives.
IMGA1060.jpg
IMGA1059.jpg

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the design of the CRKT originally posted. Does Kershaw or Spyderco make one close to that size and pattern? I may have missed it, but don’t see it.
If you want wood scales, no, but it looks like Kershaw makes a couple of knives similar to that one in size and pattern.

I've owned (and still own) knives by CRKT and Kershaw; although CRKT makes knives that are every bit as good as Kershaw, IMHO, Kershaw's quality control across the range is much tighter than CRKT's. I've owned a few top-end and mid-range CRKT's that were amazingly good knives and would've been bargains at twice the price, but I've also had a few low-end CRKTs that were overpriced at $15--but I didn't mind carrying them, because they were no big loss if they got lost...

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want wood scales, no, but it looks like Kershaw makes a couple of knives similar to that one in size and pattern.

I've owned (and still own) knives by CRKT and Kershaw; although CRKT makes knives that are every bit as good as Kershaw, IMHO, Kershaw's quality control across the range is much tighter than CRKT's. I've owned a few top-end and mid-range CRKT's that were amazingly good knives and would've been bargains at twice the price, but I've also had a few low-end CRKTs that were overpriced at $15--but I didn't mind carrying them, because they were no big loss if they got lost...

My preference is for a G10, Micarta, or similar material. I also would like about a 3” drop point blade. I appreciate the input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom