Crossbow advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gals and gents! Well, after years of putting it off, I believe I am in the market for a crossbow. I know very little about them benefit wise, and have only owned standard recurve or Standard compound bows in the past.

Couple of qualifiers:

1)- I want to be able to purchase it at Cabelas or bass pro (I have an ungodly amount of store credit built out hat I want to use for it).

2)- I want it to be a compound type (it I could be swayed if the experts recommend otherwise). I have hunted with my fathers recurve type crossbow before, but it’s just so darn bulky to try and hike in with it through the relatively thick Briars where I hunt.

3)- I don’t want to go iver the top and buy a super high end one. I understand that cheap isn’t always the answer, but neither is spending every cent I have. I have seen a lot of good reviews in the 300-600 range and would like to stay in that.

other than that, please let me borrow some of your wisdom! This will be used exclusively for hunting. Historically, I have only been to the woods to archery hunt deer 2 times in the last 10 years, but with as scant as rifle seasons have been the last few years, I’d like to open up my chances earlier in the season if possible.

thanks in advance gents and gals!

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My fathers that I used was an Excalibur recurve type. The rope cocker definitely saved me some back problems cocking it! Haha.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worry about the width of the limbs, smaller is better in some circumstances.

Really, just go to Cabela's and shoot them, they will let you, then buy what you like. From there practice, practice, practice.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you want to buy from Bass Pro or Cabelas, my recommendation is go to their stores and let the their “experts” show you what they have that meet your specs and in your price range.:anyone:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had to look through the BP site to see what they carried. I'm on year 10 or 11 with my Ten Point Turbo. I went with it because it's only 13" wide and can be used in a normal size ground blind with kids and have plenty of room. Also for the accudraw system, if you can work a fishing reel then anyone can reload this xbow, and I wanted the kids to be able to do that also. I've had zero issues with it. It looks like BP has a Ten Point Titan and a M1 that are still priced "normal". Looks like their newer models have the accuslide feature and are crazy high priced.

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been researching kore and came across this one. Reviews are good (but there’s only 3 reviews). Any first hand knowledge or input on these? I’ve heard of Bear a lot, nothing negative I can recall off hand, but again, I’m fairly green to crossbows so i defer to your expertise.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/bear-x-constrictor-cdx-crossbow-package

Latest posts

Top Bottom