CrossBow Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I about chit myself when i started looking at crossbows and how much they cost. I'm not going to spend $1300+ on a crossbow. Can you guys point me in the direction of a midrange crossbow that will get the job done. Maybe looking to spend $500-$900 on a unit. What are some must-have accessories you recommend getting with a crossbow? Hoping to find some deals after mid January. May be looking to get it through BPS as i have a ton of gift cards for them. What say you? Thanks in advance.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s a Stryker Offspring on eBay for around $590 shipped. I’ve owned several crossbows, and my Offspring is my hands down favorite. I’m so confident you’re going to like it that if you don’t I’ll buy it from you.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always been a little intrigued by the archery world. Many shooters consider a bow obsolete after a few years. There are so many new designs and technology coming out that it’s hard to keep up.
I guess what I’m getting at, how long is a 1k (xbow or compound) bow going to be the ‘in’ bow to have?
Their not like guns. That 1k might be worth 5-600 when you go to sell it. Whereas, a gun wi be worth what you paid for it and maybe more.
Im still shooting an old barnettt penetrator because I’m a cheapskate!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always been a little intrigued by the archery world. Many shooters consider a bow obsolete after a few years. There are so many new designs and technology coming out that it’s hard to keep up.
I guess what I’m getting at, how long is a 1k (xbow or compound) bow going to be the ‘in’ bow to have?
Their not like guns. That 1k might be worth 5-600 when you go to sell it. Whereas, a gun wi be worth what you paid for it and maybe more.
I know all my bows (8) are in the 20 year range shoot great and kill deer best thing i ever bought was a bow press so i could service them.O and most i have bought for 50-100 bucks.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is why I went back to shooting a recurve bow the last few years before I quit hunting altogether

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t see the crossbow industry as bad as the vertical bow industry in making old models “obsolete”. I’ve owned several crossbows but only bought maybe two new. So far, I’ve been able to at least get my money back out of my used crossbows. All but one of mine have been Excaliburs. Their older models are quite sought after, because lot of the newer ones are having limb issues. It doesn’t take a degree in physics or mechanical engineering to figure out why, but they seem to be content to warrant the limbs as needed. :scratch:

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father was on his college archery team, way back in the early '50s. When I was just becoming a teen in the early '60s, Dad taught me (and my younger brothers), using an authentic handcrafted English longbow (yew wood). Don't know where the bow went after Dad passed...

I haven't practiced in nearly two decades now, but I'm about to get a moderately-priced bow and pick up the hobby again!

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to buy a made in the USA crossbow under $1000 your one and only option is Wicked Ridge by Tenpoint. I’ve owned a couple they are great bows. Made in Ohio in the same factory those high dollar tenpoints are made in.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I second the recommendation for Excalibur. I currently use the Micro Suppressor and really like it. A little over your budget but they have other models in your range. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom