CrossBreed Holsters - Seconds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. But actually, I have already had a bit of training. But thanks again anyway for stating your “facts”. As we all know, (well most of us know anyway), everything man-made can fail.

My purpose in starting this thread wasn’t to extol or put down the qualities of Crossbreeds or any other maker. My purpose was so people here who like can take advantage of a chance to get some gear that a lot of people like and save some money.

People tend to fail rigorous training more so than equipment.

There’s a fact for you. I may have equipment fail but I never have. That wasn’t an option in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you do any of that training with one of these holsters? They are dangerous junk. I hate to see someone get hurt because a person that casually uses one tells people they are great because theirs hadn't failed yet. I spend a lot of time in and around the training industry and it is a fact that these type holsters have problems at a much higher rate than any other type holster used by students in these classes

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll post some pics later, but I got my belt yesterday. Thick, heavy leather. STIFF! Only problem is, I should have ordered bigger. (Go ahead, make all the jokes you want.) But, let me tell you. I normally wear a 36", so I ordered a 38". I should have ordered a 40"! Did I mention, this thing is STIFF?!?!?! There ain't no way I could carry IWB, unless this thing did a lot of stretching or loosening up. Hey, it's STIFF! If anybody wants it, I'll sell it to you for exactly what I paid ... $35 delivered. Then, I'll turn around and order the exact same thing in a 40". They've got one in stock.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried full leather, didn't like it.
I've tried full kydex, didn't like it.
I've tried hybrid, loved it.
And as far as him saying there's no retention, that's just BS. When it's on with the belt, your body pushes the gun to the molded part of the kydex that retains it around the trigger guard just like a full kydex rig. It will indeed "click" into the holster.
Your body also pushes the mouth of the holster closed when the gun is drawn and I watched people point the muzzle of their pistol at thier side while they fish around trying to reholster , I have also seen the results of a cross pelvic shot and it ain't good

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Your body also pushes the mouth of the holster closed when the gun is drawn and I watched people point the muzzle of their pistol at thier side while they fish around trying to reholster , I have also seen the results of a cross pelvic shot and it ain't good
I understand what you're saying about the hybrid holsters closing and then people pointing the muzzle into themselves to re-holster but it also happens a lot with Kydek holsters. It is a training issue that needs to be addressed for most people that carry.

I like the look and feel of leather, but for a holster, Kydex is much better because leather, especially IWB where your belt is putting pressure on the holster, can collapse and cause you to fumble trying to re-holster your gun.

Re-holstering your weapon can be the most dangerous part of using your gun in a carry situation.

The video you linked above is very informative and I learned a thing or two about a type of holster I'm not familiar with.

I only EDC in a pocket holster and I remove the holster from my pocket to re-holster so that I am in no danger of pointing the gun at myself.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying about the hybrid holsters closing and then people pointing the muzzle into themselves to re-holster but it also happens a lot with Kydek holsters. It is a training issue that needs to be addressed for most people that carry.

I like the look and feel of leather, but for a holster, Kydex is much better because leather, especially IWB where your belt is putting pressure on the holster, can collapse and cause you to fumble trying to re-holster your gun.

Re-holstering your weapon can be the most dangerous part of using your gun in a carry situation.

The video you linked above is very informative and I learned a thing or two about a type of holster I'm not familiar with.
If you're using an all leather holster you definitely want one with a reinforced mouth

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Sounds to me like people who are not trained well and somebody got their finger inside the trigger guard when reholstering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom