CrossBreed Holsters - Seconds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a lot of folks on OSA now that may be new to carrying a pistol. Some of you know might about this site; and some might not. Anyway, if you are into firearms, and carry a gun for self defense, you will probably end up with a box of holsters and mag pouches. I have lost track of how many I have bought over the years...

Anyway, the market is full of quality (and not-so-quality) holsters and mag pouches. As in many things, let the buyers beware and remember that you tend to get what you pay for. I like UBG, TT Gunleather, Milt Sparks, PJ Holsters, and a few others. One maker that has been around a long time and does make good hybrids in particular is CrossBreed. They have a "seconds" site, where you can pick up a decent rig or pouch quickly and for cheap, maybe as your primary holster or maybe to hold you over while you wait and wait and wait for the one on you have order from a good maker. I just want to share so my fellow OSA members can take advantage of a chance to save some dough and get a decent holster to carry in. If you aren't familiar with this, check it out. (They also have a $5.00 off special on there right now)

https://www.crossbreed-seconds.com/

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a neat deal. You're getting a quality holster at a good price and don't even have to go through the uncomfortable break in period.

Not quite sure I get what you mean by not going through..."break-in period"...these are new holsters, just "seconds", so yeah, what ever minor break-in is needed is still gonna be applicable. I mean, all you have to do is wear the darn thing a bit to let the leather backing form to your body some. They are not like breaking in a full leather rig, as you know.

On a side note, it always gets me when I read someone feels they need to "break-"a Kydex holster. How's that work? :scratch: Do they think the kydex is gonna like...stretch or something? It's plastic. It's not going to break-in. The only thing that is going to break-in is you; you just get used to having a folded over chunk of plastic full of pistol stuck down in yer pants, or on your belt.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new belt. I think I might have just found it. I'm assuming these are all seconds for purely 'cosmetic' reasons.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not quite sure I get what you mean by not going through..."break-in period"...these are new holsters, just "seconds", so yeah, what ever minor break-in is needed is still gonna be applicable. I mean, all you have to do is wear the darn thing a bit to let the leather backing form to your body some. They are not like breaking in a full leather rig, as you know.

On a side note, it always gets me when I read someone feels they need to "break-"a Kydex holster. How's that work? :scratch: Do they think the kydex is gonna like...stretch or something? It's plastic. It's not going to break-in. The only thing that is going to break-in is you; you just get used to having a folded over chunk of plastic full of pistol stuck down in yer pants, or on your belt.

I'm dumb.
I was reading that thinking it was used holsters that were sent back to crossbreed on their return program.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not a leather craftsman so I couldn’t find anything cosmetically off about the ones I got but one has an X stamped on the inside. They probably all do somewhere so they know they don’t qualify for the warranty or free exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking for a new belt. I think I might have just found it. I'm assuming these are all seconds for purely 'cosmetic' reasons.

I think so. There used to be a statement on the "seconds" page to that effect. It's probably still there somewhere, but the page layout has changed since I last looked at it. Usually, it's like a blemish in the leather or a scratch on the kydex or something like that. But as pointed out above, they don't have the usual warranty thing going on since they are "seconds". I brought one a year or so back while waiting on a custom holster, and it was fine, functionally. The leather backing had a small gouge about the size of a nail head in one place that didn't affect a darn thing, but they couldn't sell it as a new holster because of that blemish. I think it's a great way to go if you need something of decent quality quickly to tide you over if you're waiting on a custom holster especially.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, one way or the other, I've got a "new" belt on the way. I figured at $35, the price was right. I'm not a fan of kydex, and I'm not crazy about their leather offerings but, hey, I'm a sucker for a bargain!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, one way or the other, I've got a "new" belt on the way. I figured at $35, the price was right. I'm not a fan of kydex, and I'm not crazy about their leather offerings but, hey, I'm a sucker for a bargain!

Well be sure to post your impressions once you get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom