Crossbreed "Reckoning" Holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of hybrid holsters, but I decided to give this thing a try in the interest of true open-mindedness,(whatever). Anyway, After reading several reviews on this ugly thing, I bought one to fit my new Springfield Hellcat OSP. I've worn it now several times and you know what? It gets better and better every time. I'm talking mostly about comfort here. I wear it at 12:30 - 1:00 O'clock, AIWB, set for a straight drop. Today, I logged several miles under foot with my Hellcat in this holster and to say I was impressed is an understatement. Let it be known that I, druryj, was impressed.

The holster is a familiar leather backing with a Kydex shell, formed to fit your particular pistol. It offers multiple ways to adjust retention, which is purty cool. You can easily adjust for degree of cant, not so much for ride height as there's just not enough holes to suit me. But in reality, I don't really need to adjust the ride height; it offers a full grip as is, but keeps the pistol tucked in tight to muh studly six-pack. (Okay, okay...so it kinda sinks into the belly flab).

Seriously, this thing is growing on me. I have a very nice TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB holster for my Hellcat now, and a TT Gunleather OWB Pancake Holster on the way. The KX Lightweight is great for traditional IWB carry at 3:00-4:30 and as with everything else I've bought from TT, I'm sure the Pancake Holster will be it's equal in both quality and function. But for AIWB, this Reckoning holster from Crossbreed really fits the bill. I need to wear it more to really break it in; as with all leather, it will form to ME and be more and more comfortable the more I wear it. Heck, I betcha I could sleep with the darn thing on. Naw, that's not happening...dumb idea.

The backing on mine is just plain old cowhide, but you can get it in Horse or the Crossbreed "Founders" series kinda leather...which I think means it just costs more. I like cows cause I like hamburgers and steaks so I went with cowhide.

It is going to break in soon and be as comfortable as an old pair of house shoes. Overall, I like this holster, hybrid or not. I have to post pics now or @bigred1 will holler at me.
Hellcat!.jpg
Reckoning alone.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crossbreed has a good rep. Never owned one as I just don't like the kydex feel

Oh it's nowhere near as nice of a "feel" as a good leather holster, but it sure does fit the gun darn near perfectly and holds and hides it well. I use Kydex holsters for the easy on/off feature and to store my carry guns in; it helps prevent safe dings.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how you can get a combat grip on that gun from the draw. Maybe it's just the pictures, but it looks like the rear clip is so close to the trigger guard that you'd be hooking the pistol out with 2 fingers. Not saying that's the case, but it looks like it.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big fan of these type of holters, I have a Cleveland Uglys for my G21 and you can carry all day in comfort. I have a couple of the Crossbreeds that I really like as well.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of hybrid holsters, but I decided to give this thing a try in the interest of true open-mindedness,(whatever). Anyway, After reading several reviews on this ugly thing, I bought one to fit my new Springfield Hellcat OSP. I've worn it now several times and you know what? It gets better and better every time. I'm talking mostly about comfort here. I wear it at 12:30 - 1:00 O'clock, AIWB, set for a straight drop. Today, I logged several miles under foot with my Hellcat in this holster and to say I was impressed is an understatement. Let it be known that I, druryj, was impressed.

The holster is a familiar leather backing with a Kydex shell, formed to fit your particular pistol. It offers multiple ways to adjust retention, which is purty cool. You can easily adjust for degree of cant, not so much for ride height as there's just not enough holes to suit me. But in reality, I don't really need to adjust the ride height; it offers a full grip as is, but keeps the pistol tucked in tight to muh studly six-pack. (Okay, okay...so it kinda sinks into the belly flab).

Seriously, this thing is growing on me. I have a very nice TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB holster for my Hellcat now, and a TT Gunleather OWB Pancake Holster on the way. The KX Lightweight is great for traditional IWB carry at 3:00-4:30 and as with everything else I've bought from TT, I'm sure the Pancake Holster will be it's equal in both quality and function. But for AIWB, this Reckoning holster from Crossbreed really fits the bill. I need to wear it more to really break it in; as with all leather, it will form to ME and be more and more comfortable the more I wear it. Heck, I betcha I could sleep with the darn thing on. Naw, that's not happening...dumb idea.

The backing on mine is just plain old cowhide, but you can get it in Horse or the Crossbreed "Founders" series kinda leather...which I think means it just costs more. I like cows cause I like hamburgers and steaks so I went with cowhide.

It is going to break in soon and be as comfortable as an old pair of house shoes. Overall, I like this holster, hybrid or not. I have to post pics now or @bigred1 will holler at me.
View attachment 201350 View attachment 201352 View attachment 201353
pretty cool they make nice stuff

Latest posts

Top Bottom