Crying Wolf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He would have shot me long ago if that were the case. [emoji23]
I was never that cruel to my siblings.

We may not have had a cellar (or other such opportunity), but I never went there.

Don't ask about the scar in my lip from where my sister hit me in the face with a table. She's now a peaceful, tolerant liberal politician in Los Angeles.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was never that cruel to my siblings.

We may not have had a cellar (or other such opportunity), but I never went there.

Don't ask about the scar in my lip from where my sister hit me in the face with a table. She's now a peaceful, tolerant liberal politician in Los Angeles.
I was the baby of our family (11 years behind my nearest brother), but we were raised to have each others' backs. I dearly love(d) my siblings, but sadly I only have one sister left (she's 74).

However... I am sporting a scar on the side of my nose where a nephew (1 yr younger) whacked me with a toy rifle (they were mostly wood and metal back then) on the side of my nose, on my 4th birthday.

It wasn't intentional. We decided to hold hands and jump off the rear fender of my Dad's '57 Chevy stepside pickup. Unfortunately, he was holding the rifle in his other hand, and... well, we were 3 and 4. Our coordination still needed a bit of work at that point. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless he forgot the incident. You're going to remind him, remember? :D

He’s the same cousin we followed to OKC after I was best man at his wedding. Gave them about an hour to “settle in” and then commenced knocking on his door until they answered wrapped in sheets. 4 of us went in, Milled around, meanwhile one of the peeps changed the thermostat from cool to heat and cranked it to the max.
He still laughs to this day saying that was the hottest sex he ever had.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Growing up in the "country"(nearest neighbor about a mile away) and being around all kinds of cousins..coon hunting all over the countryside by myself.....I never was scared nor believed in ghosts.

One time while at my relatives in Meeker(had three girl cousins that lived there) they thought they'd scare me. My cousins were 3-4 years older and my sister was 5 years older then me. I was about 7-8yrs old...(1970/71)...and my cousins lived in a large rural/country home....waaaay out in the sticks. We always played outside or in the creeks and past dark.

Anyways....they being a little older then me.....all of them girls and me being the only younger boy......they thought they could scare me......yeah right.

They made me go into the bathroom, turn off the lights, and look in the mirror...saying Bloody Mary-Bloody Mary-Bloody Mary...3 times.

I guess a ghost would either appear next to you or in the mirror. They held the bathroom door closed until I said those words 3 times....then they would let me out.

***Well....what they didn't know was I had a little trick up my sleeve***

I went into the dark bathroom and yelled those words into the mirror....loud enough so my sister and cousins could hear me.

IMMEDIATELY after I said those words....I screamed!!!

I jumped in the bathtub....pulled the shower curtain half way and ducked down and behind the shower curtain.

My cousins and sister ran into the bathroom....turned on the lights....AND...I wasn't there!!!

They screamed and ran around in the house screaming and crying. My parents, aunt and uncle grabbed them and asked what the h*ll happened...from the screaming and commotion.

As they told my parents, aunt and uncle.....I slipped out the back of the house and ran around to side of the house where the cars were parked. I sat down resting my back on the car's tire listening to all the chaos....and all of my relatives yelling and calling my name....looking for me.

After about 15-20 minutes I ran back into the house to surprise everyone.

THE only surprise.....was my a** being spanked with a plastic fly swatter from my mother for causing everyone to be panicked and looking for me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up in the "country"(nearest neighbor about a mile away) and being around all kinds of cousins..coon hunting all over the countryside by myself.....I never was scared nor believed in ghosts.

One time while at my relatives in Meeker(had three girl cousins that lived there) they thought they'd scare me. My cousins were 3-4 years older and my sister was 5 years older then me. I was about 7-8yrs old...(1970/71)...and my cousins lived in a large rural/country home....waaaay out in the sticks. We always played outside or in the creeks and past dark.

Anyways....they being a little older then me...they thought they could scare me......yeah right.

They made me go into the bathroom, turn off the lights, and look in the mirror...saying Bloody Mary-Bloody Mary-Bloody Mary...3 times.

I guess a ghost would either appear next to you or in the mirror. They held the bathroom door closed until I said those words 3 times....then they would let me out.

***Well....what they didn't know was I had a little trick up my sleeve***

I went into the dark bathroom and yelled those words into the mirror....loud enough so my sister and cousins could hear me.

IMMEDIATELY after I said those words....I screamed!!!
HAHA!! Great story.

I jumped in the bathtub....pulled the shower curtain half way and ducked down and behind the shower curtain.

My cousins and sister ran into the bathroom....turned on the lights....AND...I wasn't there!!!

They screamed and ran around in the house screaming and crying. My parents, aunt and uncle grabbed them and asked what the h*ll happened...from the screaming and commotion.

As they told my parents, aunt and uncle.....I slipped out the back of the house and ran around to side of the house where the cars were parked. I sat down resting my back on the car's tire listening to all the chaos....and all of my relatives yelling and calling my name....looking for me.

After about 15-20 minutes I ran back into the house to surprise everyone.

THE only surprise.....was my a** being spanked with a plastic fly swatter from my mother for causing everyone to be panicked and looking for me.

Awesome Story!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we have old "war stories," I remember my best friend and I making our own darts out of straight pins, match sticks, and small strips of paper to serve as "feathers." All worked well until my friend decided that he needed to throw one side-armed.

Stuck that puppy in my cheek, but the blow of the hand against my face numbed the feeling of the straight pin sticking in my cheek.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we have old "war stories," I remember my best friend and I making our own darts out of straight pins, match sticks, and small strips of paper to serve as "feathers." All worked well until my friend decided that he needed to throw one side-armed.

Stuck that puppy in my cheek, but the blow of the hand against my face numbed the feeling of the straight pin sticking in my cheek.
Lol, my Dad taught me to make those as well. :D

He also told a story of being in class, and waiting until the teacher was writing on the chalkboard, then he quickly turned and threw one at the back wall.

Unfortunately it hit a fellow student in the forehead (and stuck). Said student promptly shouted out a string of cusswords (Dad said it was one of the few times the guy was actually studying).

The teacher never even turned around... just called my Dad to the front of the class. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom