Crying Wolf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We didn’t have AC in school. Windows always open when it got warm with fans blowing.
In middle school the fad was to get big needles like carpet needles, run a thread through the eye, then when the teacher wasn’t looking, swing it around and stick it in the ceiling tiles. Eventually, the wind moving the thread back and forth would loosen the needle, and it would fall point down on the unsuspecting victim.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We didn’t have AC in school. Windows always open when it got warm with fans blowing.
I actually lucked out in middle school (grades 7-9), it was only a year or two old when I started there, and had working AC in all rooms except a few portable class buildings.

Elementary school did not have AC, nor did the old high school. No big deal either way to me, as my folks only had a water cooler until after I left home. And ya'll remember how great those worked... :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually lucked out in middle school (grades 7-9), it was only a year or two old when I started there, and had working AC in all rooms except a few portable class buildings.

Elementary school did not have AC, nor did the old high school. No big deal either way to me, as my folks only had a water cooler until after I left home. And ya'll remember how great those worked... :D
Water cooler is all we had. Parents got AC a couple of years after I left home. Worked OK when no humidity is present, but in Oklahoma that is a rare day.
Interestingly enough, On our trip through the west, water coolers are pretty much what every home, even the high end homes use. They have zero humidity in the high country deserts and they work just fine and are cheap to operate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom