Culled RR ties for shooting backstop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
50036E08-B4D7-4FDC-83E5-1A6AEF42E394.jpeg
lowes in north Edmond has a pallet of cull ties. They have $184 on it but I usually offer about half of the price they have On cancelled orders and most of the time they take it.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy I lease my deer hunting land from has created a 100-yd. sight-in range that uses ties for the back-stop/target stapling surface. His is 2 ties thick with offsets in the stack so nothing can blow through a gap.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all should've spoke sooner. We've got a mile of RR frontage here. They put new ties in last year and we had a stack of probably 3 miles worth down by our hay lot for probably 3-4 months. They finally got em hauled off.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could always try the guy on OKC craigslist. says he has nice ones $10 ea. the map shows between nw10th and nw23 off rockwell

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inquire about some at rail road yards. You likely will find some free. I did that about 5 or 6 years ago and the guy even used the machine to pick out 45 and load them for me.

Yep, a RR crew came through close to where I used to work and told one of the guys I worked with they left piles of ties for anyone that wanted them. Some in pretty good shape. Every farmer/rancher came and got some new corner posts from the good ones. I helped load some for friends.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Inquire about some at rail road yards. You likely will find some free. I did that about 5 or 6 years ago and the guy even used the machine to pick out 45 and load them for me.
I called two different railroad companies and neither one would ever get back with me to give me and answer on some ties. There are a ton of them laying next to the tracks here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom