Curious...anybody change their mind about open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't think I would open carry but I do about 30% of the time now.

Usually, when I'm inside a store or restaurant, I have my shirt untucked and over my rig.

If I'm in the parking lot, I usually tuck the shirt behind the rig.

More than once, I've had a PLP (parking lot person) start up towards me, look at my belt and move on.

Dave

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recent events have solidified my thoughts. It's not for me.

I don't want to be lumped in with the morons showing up in front of recruiting offices in shorts, tshirts, crocs carrying ar pistols with no sighting systems.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still CC, but there are definitely instances where I OC. For example, while fishing or working out in the yard. I have found, esp during the summer I really dislike having to wear a wife beater under my shirt to prevent rubbing. This is a big deal because I have grip tape on my XDS and it can rub me to the point where I am almost bleeding. I have found a lot of the time that I am carrying OWB with a shirt over it. Isn't too terribly concealed, esp when I carry my snubby, but most of the time it covers enough that people dont notice.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. I still CC, but now I don't worry at all about printing. To tell the truth, I didn't worry much about printing before the law changed, because I interpreted "brandishing" to be a intentional or affirmative act, not an omission or failure to prevent the wind from blowing up my jacket. Of course, I didn't want to be the test case on that either.

I used to joke I didn't have a holster purty enough to OC! That's no longer true, but meh, I just don't feel like drawing a lot of attention to myself.

Not saying never, just not yet.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still don't want to be the first victim of some nutbag. I'd rather be the one who surprises them.. I do OC in the woods and working around the place. Lots of snakes and rabid skunks around.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not changed my mind on the subject of open carry. I prefer to conceal my firearm. The element of surprise is a very effective tool in my mind. Plus, I really don't want to draw attention to the fact I have a sidearm on me anyway. I have been carrying OWB more often lately, but still under a shirt of some kind. What has changed for me is an increased level of situational awareness...that old thing about "be nice to people but have a plan to..." Well, you get my drift; or maybe you don't. :scratch:

Latest posts

Top Bottom