Current Favorite "Pocket" Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
front pocket.

LCP - pretty darn accurate, i think it has a 2.7 inch barrel or close to that.

i also carry a S&W 642, but it is wider AND very hard to be accurate with this gun and kicks
pretty hard. I am just not sure I could hit center mass with this gun under pressure at distances over 8 feet. With the LCP I can get most of the 8 shots inside a 4" ring at 21 feet and feel i have better follow up shot control.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My favorite is a Charter Arms .44spl carried in a bellyband. I keep the bellyband around my ribcage so I can pull up the polo shirt...or even faster I can go through the neck opening and pull it. It's in the shop right now getting an action job and a spurless hammer and I'll force myself to carry my AMT DAO Backup .45acp in a Bob Mika pocket holster. Sloughing off around the house...I do that a lot...I carry a Sig P238 in a front pocket of my sweats loaded with 70 gr frangible rounds.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
640 no dash front pocket.

I'm updating this. I've done alot of thinking on this, and unless its in a jacket pocket, I no longer carry in my front pocket. Most of you will understand, we spend the majority of our time sitting, and by doing so we have placed ourselves at a disadvantage. Drawing while seated is difficult at best, and most of the time damn near inpossible(Go back and reread on the jacket pocket). I've gone from this to an IWB or OWB holster for even guns as small as a J-frame. Standing or sitting I can get to it without much trouble, yes it does mean dressing around your gun, but I would rather do this than trying to get into a pocket while in the middle of a car-jacking, or being robbed in a resturant. At the worst along with my primary, I'll carry my BUG in a Ken Null City Slicker inverted shoulder rig, or an ankle rig. The last thing you want to be doing during a robbery is to standup to get your pocket gun out(You just made yourself the primary target)!

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm updating this. I've done alot of thinking on this, and unless its in a jacket pocket, I no longer carry in my front pocket. Most of you will understand, we spend the majority of our time sitting, and by doing so we have placed ourselves at a disadvantage. Drawing while seated is difficult at best, and most of the time damn near inpossible(Go back and reread on the jacket pocket). I've gone from this to an IWB or OWB holster for even guns as small as a J-frame. Standing or sitting I can get to it without much trouble, yes it does mean dressing around your gun, but I would rather do this than trying to get into a pocket while in the middle of a car-jacking, or being robbed in a resturant. At the worst along with my primary, I'll carry my BUG in a Ken Null City Slicker inverted shoulder rig, or an ankle rig. The last thing you want to be doing during a robbery is to standup to get your pocket gun out(You just made yourself the primary target)!

I agree completely! I have been known to throw a 640-1 or similar handgun in a jacket pocket but I no longer pocket carry (trousers). I usually have a larger firearm IWB so the 640-1 is primarily back up. I carry it in a Kangaroo Carry holster almost all the time and find I can access it much faster than pocket carry. It is also very comfortable and conceals easily even just under a t-shirt. The extra weight of the 640 actually makes the holster more comfortable than with one of the lightweight j frames.

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand your concerns about accessiblity. I don't carry large in my pocket...either a Sig P238 or a NAA Guardian .32acp. I do have a holster for car use you guys might want to look at. www.andrewsleather.com and glance at his Carjacker Crossdraw.I bought one for my Para LDA and one for my Combat Commander. It's a very comfortable holster and one without equal in getting to your weapon while seated. I also bought his Monarch shoulder rig for a S&W 325NG. Regards, Al

Last edited:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand your concerns about accessiblity. I don't carry large in my pocket...either a Sig P238 or a NAA Guardian .32acp. I do have a holster for car use you guys might want to look at. www.andrewsleather.com and glance at his Carjacker Crossdraw.I bought one for my Para LDA and one for my Combat Commander. It's a very comfortable holster and one without equal in getting to your weapon while seated. I also bought his Monarch shoulder rig for a S&W 325NG. Regards, Al

Another to look at is Ken Null's Vampire cross draw drivers rig.
http://www.klnullholsters.com/

aryfrosty

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completely forgot about Kenny Null. He does really good work. The late Captain Charley Dunn, GSP, (retired) used to brag on his work every chance he had. I don't know what Mr. Nulls crossdraw is like, but Andrew's reminds me of the older Safariland gear. The green suede lining is nice and the retention level is high. Looks to me like they;d be a tossup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom