Current Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased this truck new in July 1985 in Tulsa. Daily driver for 5 years then a weekend/work truck for 20 years. Parked around 2005 (I think).

It is coming back from the body shop today but will still need quite a few things - brakes, tires, battery, carb, interior, etc. I am pleased with the body work.

Pic from yesterday and before body shop.

20211220_122704.jpg

85 Chevy Before.jpeg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never assume a vehicle classic or new is carbed or injected.
I pulled off a lot of FI systems and retrofitted a carb onto them.
Always made more power and got better MPG with the carbs and the new dialed in ignition curve.

What manufactures did to those older vehicles to pass a sniffer test.
That week knee test never tells the whole story.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never assume a vehicle classic or new is carbed or injected.
I pulled off a lot of FI systems and retrofitted a carb onto them.
Always made more power and got better MPG with the carbs and the new dialed in ignition curve.

What manufactures did to those older vehicles to pass a sniffer test.
That week knee test never tells the whole story.
I never understood going backwards in technology. I love carbs but they are a controlled leak at best . EFI even early versions were much better IMO.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cross fire FI was a dud from the factory. De computerized those and removed many of those OD transmissions that failed in under 70,000 miles and stuck TH 350 in their place.

I had 5 Datsun Z cars from the 240 to the 280ZX and I even built a manifold to bolt to the twin carbs on a 260Z to run an early carter AFB carb.
More power and more MPG same goes for my injected 280 cars.
With a cartech 4 barrel intake and another 4 barrel carb MPG went up as did the power.

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put an Edelbrck on it. Have not fired it back up yet but getting close. It has been a real challenge getting parts. Alot if stuff us back ordered. Been waiting on a new radiator since December. I'll post some pics in a couple if weeks when I get it out of my shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom