Custom Gun Plumbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Weddendorf

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and thank you for posting matt stewart on the site.

Do not deal with Gradous as he has zero customer service skills. He cannot retain any assistants to deal with customers and his idea of customer service is to yell and issue ultimatums. Despite a spitefull offering of a deposit refund, he has yet to return my $3400 after two weeks.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

While I certainly understand the frustrations of going through the process of a custom build, I can't understand joining a forum and the first post is to rip into a builder who has a great reputation with the shooting community and hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers. No one here has any evidence of your claim nor the alleged facts to which you speak. Therefore your only visit here is to disparage Mr. Gradous and ruin his reputation as a custom builder.

If you wish to bring forth unbiased facts that represent both parties fine, if not, please take your comments elsewhere, or better yet, take your grievance up with Mr. Gradous privately. I'm sure if both of you act as gentlemen your grievance will be handled quickly and satisfactorily.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was posted on Snipers Hide by the same person that disparaged Mr Gradous in the posts above. I invited him to repost it here to set the record straight but seeing that he's kind of a one hit wonder I thought I would post it for him.

https://forum.snipershide.com/forum...gradous-rifles-augusta-georgia-recommendation

"All, for the record, I had previously pathetically whined about a problem in dealing with Robert Gradous (Georgia) in getting a build completed. I have just returned from his superbly-equipped shop where, at his invitation, I witnessed - and participated in - the 300 Winchester Magnum build from: CNC threading of the barrel end for a brake, a special time-consuming 1-hour special setup for 12-fluting of the barrel after I saw the magnificent work done by his shop, barrel polishing, intensive grit-blasting of the action and barrel to a frosty-white color, custom cerakoting, joining of action and barrel, bolt assembly, minute attention to detail in cutting the bolt clearance in the Accuracy International stock, a full half hour just to enhance the magazine feeding, using his pre-sighted Nightforce Competition scope to test-fire with factory ammunition, hand-loading of rounds to test-fire and get a 3/8th-inch group at 100-yards from a non-broke-in barrel. I came away with a complete respect for Robert, his staff, and most importantly his shop, equipment and attention to detail. I also had a full day to discuss specifications for my next build - a 300 Norma Magnum. Robert definitely deserves your business and your next build deserves his special attention to detail. You just have to be patient throughout the process and respect the simple fact that I observed: i.e., three very busy superb gunsmiths cannot be on the phone if rifles are to be built! For the record, I paid full price and received zero compensation of any kind and merely wish to set the matter to rights."

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gordy Gritters of Gordy's Precision Gunsmithing in Kansas City is the best I know of. His rifles have set world records and won national championships. He specializes in building 1000 yd. competition rifles, F-Class rifles, benchrest rifles, and highly accurate hunting rifles. extremeaccuracyinstitute.com or gordysprecision.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom