Custom M&P 15-22 Mags — How Much $?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much would you pay for my custom M&P 15-22 magazines?

• Total voters

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you guys could help me out — I'm trying to gauge the level of interest in some custom M&P 15-22 magazines. I've had several people at the range comment favorably on my 15-22 mags, and offer to buy them from me. The magazines don't take that long to customize, and I think they would sell pretty quick & easily on eBay, Craigslist, and Amazon. From what I can see, no one is offering these online — otherwise, I would have just ordered them instead of doing the work myself!

Basically, they are the stock mags, with the rubberized grip tape in the recesses of the magazine (both sides). Pictures are below.

What I need to know: how much do you think I should charge for them? How much would you pay for one?

I can get the stock mags at a wholesale price through a close friend who has an FFL. I'm just trying to factor in my materials cost, with labor....

Basic Pricing

Here are some basic pricing online on various websites that most people would shop to purchase a stock M&P 15-22 magazine (25-rounders only).

Midway USA: $19.99 + S&H
Academy: $24.99 (free shipping over $25)
Brownells: $19.99 + S&H
Natchez: $13.99 + S&H
Cheaper Than Dirt: $20.97 + S&H
Smith & Wesson: $24.00 + S&H
Ammunition Depot: $15.97 + S&H
Arms Unlimited: $19.97 + S&H
Climags: $16.99 + S&H
Slick Guns: $19.95 + S&H
Gun Mag Warehouse: $12.99 + S&H​

I have a sale price in mind, but I'd really like to hear from all of you that care to chime in first. Thank you in advance for responding, and for your help. It is greatly appreciated!

I realize that some of you probably won't / don't like them, and that's fine — to each his own, I suppose.

15-22mag-1.jpg

15-22mag-2.jpg

15-22mag-3.jpg

15-22mag-4.jpg

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Interesting! I do not have a 15-22 but if I did, I much prefer the look of yours over the stock models. I think they could sell very well especially if you offered grip tape in od green, FDE, or coyote tan of if they even make it.

While trying to make a profit doing it, I can only draw one parallel. That would be the Matrix PMAGS. If you look at say Academy , they sell regular M2 PMAGs for $12.99 and they sell the Matrix PMAGs for $29.99. That being said, I don't know how well the Matrix PMAG sells. I don't think that I would pay more than double the price of a regular price of a pmag for the matrix. However, if they were in the $19.99 range, I would consider it. So with your average price being $20-$22 range I bet you could sell at $30 give or take a few. I don't know if that profit margin would be worth it. They could sell for mote, but that is just my range. The thing you have to keep in mind is since these are proprietary mags that only working in one firearm, you will be serving a very small niche market. So you'd want to hit local and national sites to be able to get more exposure and generate more interest. You also may want pick up a couple PMAGS and do the same treatment, may be able to supplement and get additional sales and exposure.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no market, unless you sell them by the sheet, laser cut, for the buyer to stick on their mags.
then, 3.99 a mag

Okay, so you are saying to sell the mags with the grip tape pre-die cut so the buyer can apply the tape themselves? You wouldn't want to purchase the magazines with the grip tape already affixed to the magazine? I would. I would't want to mess with it. I'd rather just get the magazine with the grip tape already on it...ready to go when I pull it out of the box.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
selling a sheet of laser cut stickers could be sold anywhere anytime. the reason you don't see those mags on Amazon, Ebay or Craigslist is they don't allow sales of magazines over 10 rounds.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
selling a sheet of laser cut stickers could be sold anywhere anytime. the reason you don't see those mags on Amazon, Ebay or Craigslist is they don't allow sales of magazines over 10 rounds.

Now, see there — THAT is a good comment. I didn't even know that. Thanks, Mr. Ed!

However, can you name one place / website that sells laser cut rubber grip tape stickers for M&P 15-22 mags? I haven't found one yet. That's my point. I couldn't find them anywhere online, so I made my own, and figured if I couldn't find them, then no one is selling them (which seems a little hard to believe given the popularity of the 15-22).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom