Custom Rifle Accessories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make heavy duty paracord slings as well as leather slings and leather butt stock ammo holders. I have made a few of these, all by hand, sewing included. They will last forever, if taken care of, since I treat everyone carefully, and I have no interest in making them in bulk like the ones you find at Amazon, etc. I’m kicking around the idea around of making these to sell. The reason I started making my own, is because I see the ungodly prices charged for them. Now I don’t do the custom art work and stenciling that you see, at least not yet. I thought if I sold a few, I could afford the tools to do that, then if I got good at it, I’d start doing that as well. I’ve been making these for my rifles and my boys for 2 years. Making them is as therapeutic as reloading is, at least for me. I can do any caliber, for any style stock. I will only do leather, and it would take 3-4 weeks to make one. I could probably knock one out in a week, but I can only work on them when I’m off work, and when I don’t feel bad, due to my health issues.
I am just getting a feel for the interest in them currently. If there is enough interest, I can sit down and put a pencil to the prices. Since they are each custom to the rifle, and there is different types and colors of leather, as well as dyes, conditioners, oils, treatments, etc., for raw leather. I am attaching a few pics of ones I’ve made for mine. 2 are raw leather for my Marlins, 45-70 (this was my first, you can see in the pic, there’s one bullet stitched a little off, I’ve since improved on this), and 45 Colt, 1 is black colored leather, not dyed by me, for my 6.5 CM (this is my most recent one, I’ve improved 200%, since my first). I’d take the orders with a fill time of 3-4 weeks, on the off chance I screwed one up and had to start over, however if I finished it in a few days, it’s possible you’d get it inside of a week.
If you would be interested in one of these, let me know. I can get your specifications and work you up a price. I can’t say right now the price ranges, there’s just too many variables. But I can tell you, they will be less expensive, at least by 10%, if not much less, than the majority of the custom ones on the internet. Although I won’t attempt to beat large retailers, since they buy there’s in bulk, they’re cheap, and most are made in China. I could make a few up, but I am only interested in making them custom to each individual rifle.
I’m also considering charging an extra $5 or so, on each one, and donating to wounded veterans, or NRA, or something to help organizations that help guys like us, keep our rights as firearms owners. If I go the route of these donations, it will only be one that will send the buyer a certificate showing the extra was donated. I will work up some prices, as to what I will charge for the ones I have posted, however prices could change some +/- depending on your specifications. Different things that could change the pricing, leather type, thickness, lengths, colors, bullet caliber, etc.. With the bullet caliber, it would actually be cheaper, the larger the caliber, since you could fit less on them than the smaller calibers, less sewing, and such. When I get prices done, I’ll make an appropriate ad in the Classifieds. I can ship them, or another option is to meet you somewhere, at your expense, if I’m planning to go to OKC or Tulsa, I’d meet you somewhere there of my choosing, at no extra charge. Just some options I’m tossing around.
Check these out below, if you’d have any interest, or know of someone who would, either reply here, or pm. These would make great Christmas gifts, only thing would be, the timing, deadline for ordering, that sort of thing.

Attachments

• E1E0587E-7E45-4729-974F-C7B86A625FDF.png
    E1E0587E-7E45-4729-974F-C7B86A625FDF.png
    439 KB · Views: 79
  • EC74E170-3401-47C3-8C0F-BA623F9F878C.jpeg
    EC74E170-3401-47C3-8C0F-BA623F9F878C.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 78
  • B8B0FBEB-AAAD-4B7C-9BD5-F157E4B981DC.png
    B8B0FBEB-AAAD-4B7C-9BD5-F157E4B981DC.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 453BC4EB-EF34-4F52-AB7C-5540B72B4866.jpeg
    453BC4EB-EF34-4F52-AB7C-5540B72B4866.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 87
  • A7FD25F4-F3B9-4A08-AE38-2F63EF6AB343.jpeg
    A7FD25F4-F3B9-4A08-AE38-2F63EF6AB343.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 4F222985-5744-4ACC-A8F4-F2D455D11973.jpeg
    4F222985-5744-4ACC-A8F4-F2D455D11973.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm not sure why this got moved, since I put it in classifieds because 2-3 different staff/moderators told me that’s where stuff like this goes. I guess I should’ve asked in public to get more answers. There’s obviously some different views of the do’s and don’ts. Need to get a little more together on the rules?

Not a huge deal, I can put them anywhere in the future, it would just be nice if there was more clarity on the rules, as well as the mods and staff be more on the same page as to where things should go. This is in fact a sales ad, and belongs in “Classifieds”, definitely is not a “Chat” thread, but hey whatever right?

If I’m wrong please tell me how and make the point, which makes this chat and not sale.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm not sure why this got moved, since I put it in classifieds because 2-3 different staff/moderators told me that’s where stuff like this goes. I guess I should’ve asked in public to get more answers. There’s obviously some different views of the do’s and don’ts. Need to get a little more together on the rules?

Not a huge deal, I can put them anywhere in the future, it would just be nice if there was more clarity on the rules, as well as the mods and staff be more on the same page as to where things should go. This is in fact a sales ad, and belongs in “Classifieds”, definitely is not a “Chat” thread, but hey whatever right?

If I’m wrong please tell me how and make the point, which makes this chat and not sale.
I am sure a mod will chime in, but in order to list something in the Classifieds it needs to have a price listed if it is for sale. (Trades do not require a price)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I make heavy duty paracord slings as well as leather slings and leather butt stock ammo holders. I have made a few of these, all by hand, sewing included. They will last forever, if taken care of, since I treat everyone carefully, and I have no interest in making them in bulk like the ones you find at Amazon, etc. I’m kicking around the idea around of making these to sell. The reason I started making my own, is because I see the ungodly prices charged for them. Now I don’t do the custom art work and stenciling that you see, at least not yet. I thought if I sold a few, I could afford the tools to do that, then if I got good at it, I’d start doing that as well. I’ve been making these for my rifles and my boys for 2 years. Making them is as therapeutic as reloading is, at least for me. I can do any caliber, for any style stock. I will only do leather, and it would take 3-4 weeks to make one. I could probably knock one out in a week, but I can only work on them when I’m off work, and when I don’t feel bad, due to my health issues.
I am just getting a feel for the interest in them currently. If there is enough interest, I can sit down and put a pencil to the prices. Since they are each custom to the rifle, and there is different types and colors of leather, as well as dyes, conditioners, oils, treatments, etc., for raw leather. I am attaching a few pics of ones I’ve made for mine. 2 are raw leather for my Marlins, 45-70 (this was my first, you can see in the pic, there’s one bullet stitched a little off, I’ve since improved on this), and 45 Colt, 1 is black colored leather, not dyed by me, for my 6.5 CM (this is my most recent one, I’ve improved 200%, since my first). I’d take the orders with a fill time of 3-4 weeks, on the off chance I screwed one up and had to start over, however if I finished it in a few days, it’s possible you’d get it inside of a week.
If you would be interested in one of these, let me know. I can get your specifications and work you up a price. I can’t say right now the price ranges, there’s just too many variables. But I can tell you, they will be less expensive, at least by 10%, if not much less, than the majority of the custom ones on the internet. Although I won’t attempt to beat large retailers, since they buy there’s in bulk, they’re cheap, and most are made in China. I could make a few up, but I am only interested in making them custom to each individual rifle.
I’m also considering charging an extra $5 or so, on each one, and donating to wounded veterans, or NRA, or something to help organizations that help guys like us, keep our rights as firearms owners. If I go the route of these donations, it will only be one that will send the buyer a certificate showing the extra was donated.
Check these out below, if you’d have any interest, either reply here, or pm.

You can PM me if you like.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that, and stated as much. However I’ve asked staff/mods before about this exact type ad, was told it goes in Classifieds. I even suggested it go in “Dealer Ads”, was told that’s for FFL dealers. If it doesn’t belong there, there should be less gray in the rules, more unity with the Staff, that’s all I’m saying. Not trying to make trouble of it for sure, I just want clarity so I know in the future.
Problem is I guess I could put some kind of price range on it, but it’s hard to price any custom made item before knowing the specs.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can PM me if you like.
I don’t think it should be PM, it should be cleared up out here, where everyone knows why, so the problem doesn’t happen in the future. As I said, I’m in no way trying to make waves, nor am I upset, I’m just asking why, seriously because I want to know? ONLY because I don’t like making mistakes by nature, so this helps me, you, and everyone in the future, as well as which Staff members are in charge, so I don’t ask the wrong one next time. I hope I’m making sense, my intentions are good here truly.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m also good with deleting the whole thing, it’s not like I will not survive if don’t sell these. Lol
If we can’t deal with it where all can see, I will delete the whole thing. This is something I was unsure of, I read the rules and found nothing specific, so I asked 2-3 staff members a while back, where these types things should be posted. I was told in Classifieds, under accessories. So that’s why I put it there. I’m only saying, if it shouldn’t be here, I’m cool with that. Just tell me and everyone here why it shouldn’t, where it should go, and it should be posted in the rules.

Last edited:

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My serious apologies, I found it in black and white. I’m a grown man and can admit when I’m wrong. It is posted in the rules, I misunderstood them when I read them earlier…

All items must have some sort of value reference point. This can be a ballpark value, possible trade interest, etc. Just something to serve as a starting point for everyone interested in your item.

Again, please accept my deepest sincerity, as I stated earlier, I was in no way trying to make waves. I was 300% wrong, and it is clear in the rules. You’ll not have this problem from me again! I shall shine your shoes at my own expense sir!
:bowdown::bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom