Custom Rifle Accessories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augustine

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make heavy duty paracord slings as well as leather slings and leather butt stock ammo holders. I have made a few of these, all by hand, sewing included. They will last forever, if taken care of, since I treat everyone carefully, and I have no interest in making them in bulk like the ones you find at Amazon, etc. I’m kicking around the idea around of making these to sell. The reason I started making my own, is because I see the ungodly prices charged for them. Now I don’t do the custom art work and stenciling that you see, at least not yet. I thought if I sold a few, I could afford the tools to do that, then if I got good at it, I’d start doing that as well. I’ve been making these for my rifles and my boys for 2 years. Making them is as therapeutic as reloading is, at least for me. I can do any caliber, for any style stock. I will only do leather, and it would take 3-4 weeks to make one. I could probably knock one out in a week, but I can only work on them when I’m off work, and when I don’t feel bad, due to my health issues.
I am just getting a feel for the interest in them currently. If there is enough interest, I can sit down and put a pencil to the prices. Since they are each custom to the rifle, and there is different types and colors of leather, as well as dyes, conditioners, oils, treatments, etc., for raw leather. I am attaching a few pics of ones I’ve made for mine. 2 are raw leather for my Marlins, 45-70 (this was my first, you can see in the pic, there’s one bullet stitched a little off, I’ve since improved on this), and 45 Colt, 1 is black colored leather, not dyed by me, for my 6.5 CM (this is my most recent one, I’ve improved 200%, since my first). I’d take the orders with a fill time of 3-4 weeks, on the off chance I screwed one up and had to start over, however if I finished it in a few days, it’s possible you’d get it inside of a week.
If you would be interested in one of these, let me know. I can get your specifications and work you up a price. I can’t say right now the price ranges, there’s just too many variables. But I can tell you, they will be less expensive, at least by 10%, if not much less, than the majority of the custom ones on the internet. Although I won’t attempt to beat large retailers, since they buy there’s in bulk, they’re cheap, and most are made in China. I could make a few up, but I am only interested in making them custom to each individual rifle.
I’m also considering charging an extra $5 or so, on each one, and donating to wounded veterans, or NRA, or something to help organizations that help guys like us, keep our rights as firearms owners. If I go the route of these donations, it will only be one that will send the buyer a certificate showing the extra was donated. I will work up some prices, as to what I will charge for the ones I have posted, however prices could change some +/- depending on your specifications. Different things that could change the pricing, leather type, thickness, lengths, colors, bullet caliber, etc.. With the bullet caliber, it would actually be cheaper, the larger the caliber, since you could fit less on them than the smaller calibers, less sewing, and such. When I get prices done, I’ll make an appropriate ad in the Classifieds. I can ship them, or another option is to meet you somewhere, at your expense, if I’m planning to go to OKC or Tulsa, I’d meet you somewhere there of my choosing, at no extra charge. Just some options I’m tossing around.
Check these out below, if you’d have any interest, or know of someone who would, either reply here, or pm. These would make great Christmas gifts, only thing would be, the timing, deadline for ordering, that sort of thing.
How much for the wider paracord sling? I have an AR10.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How much for the wider paracord sling? I have an AR10.
I will have to look up prices for materials. They will come with sling swivels, if I get more interest. Color matters too, for common colors it would be a little cheaper, just depends what colors I can find.
If you’re truly interested, I’ll do some research, find the materials, find a few different swivel options, a bunch of colors, etc., and get you a price. I will also price others around the internet, so I can make sure I can do them cheaper. I haven’t done much looking at the paracord ones, honestly they weren’t very expensive, but I figured at the time I could make them just as good. The leather stuff is easy to get under, because good leather is not hard to find, and the supplies are not real expensive.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Cory, just edit it with some prices and/or trade values etc. Then one of us will move it back to ammo and accessories.
I will soon, not quite ready to dive into it yet. First I will have to see enough interest to justify buying better tools and more supplies. I’ll pm y’all if/when I get to that point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom