Customer Service ... Oh yes ... RANT ON ... lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what some people will tell you, I'm a pretty easy going gal. You get what you give with me so if you have a problem you need to take a long hard look at the ******* in the mirror.

That said, I feel sorry for CSRs who have to deal with me when I'm trying to resolve an issue because I send everything by certified mail, return receipt requested, and take names, ID numbers and notate date, time and length of conversations I have with them because EVERYTHING is recorded these days. If you tell me you are gonna do something, it better happen because I don't call just to chitty-chat for the **** of it ...

Without giving out too much personal information because it's an issue between two banks and the retirement system the old man's check comes from, let me just say if you can't deal with someone without actually doing your job and looking up the account in question and start telling me you:

1. Haven't received the paperwork yet ... BEEEEEEP, try again because so-and-so signed for it on THIS date;

2. Well, you didn't submit the paperwork WE require so you will need to resubmit everything with a cover letter ... BEEEEEEP, Form #blah-blah-blah?? That says "Start reading at the top and continue until she says "Uhhhh, yes, that one."" To which I replied so you are telling me the person who signed for it threw half the **** I sent in away because how would I know what form you were talking about if I didn't have a copy of it in my hands right now?" DEAD SILENCE ...

3. Ahhh, I REALLY need you to resubmit all that. I don't see where it was processed so there MUST be a problem on YOUR end." Haha! Oh, really ... everybody has a supervisor. Let me speak to yours please.

Oh wait, wait ... LMAO!! Nope and don't "accidentally" cut me off because I know your name and operator number. I thought she was gonna start crying. Honestly ... what a dipshit.

Funny ... her supervisor found the paperwork and could tell me where we were in the process and what to do if retirement didn't get everything they needed this week.

Honest-to-God, I hope the little twit has to do a hundred hours more training because I didn't mince words with the super. I don't want her to get fired. Half the work force out there is worthless as tits on a boar hog. I just want to make that half as miserable as I possibly can. HAHA!

What a world ... lol ... I'm gonna have a beer. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna move to scotch ... and it's only Monday. Things like the last hour and a half make me grateful I don't have a "real" job to deal with, too ...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago when I called about this same issue the CSR told me she couldn't talk to me about the account because I wasn't the PRIMARY on a JOINT account. I got in the car, drove up to the old man's work and took him in a conference room and we called them back. No problem with that gal. When I told her why she was on a conference call she apologized profusely and said she would see to it the other gal (whose name and number I knew lol) would get additional training. I said "No offense but I'd like to hear that from her supervisor." She said "No problem, do you mind holding?" I laughed and said "Hey, I've already spent 3 1/2 hours total trying to take care of something that should have only taken 15-20 minutes at the most. What's another 20??" THAT girl's supervisor couldn't apologize enough and said there WOULD be additional training coming her way ...

Huh ... maybe I'm a little more vindictive than I think ... :blush:

I guess I should be grateful they all actually speak enough English, and speak it often enough that I can understand the words coming outta their mouths ... :hey3:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, get'um Annie!!
I had to go thru some BS with my insurance claims rep recently. Talked with 2 different reps and they couldn't help me. Asked for a supervisor, not available, will call me back. Guess what ,never called me. So I went up the ladder with my company insurance dept. Finally mailed me the stuff that I offered to drive up there and pickup. Geeez...

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going through that with some med equipment. Doc ordered a sleep study and I am waiting my results. Med supply place calls and says I need a CPAP and they want to bill me for it. I said sure, as soon as I talk to the Dr. Referring Dr. and the referral go back and forth (8 phone calls on that alone) on who is supposed to give me the results. To top it off, according to med supply place, I have to have a follow up with Dr. to make sure I am using it. That's great, which Dr.? They can't tell me so I call the insurance figuring I'll get it straight from the horse's mouth. They are confused as hell, and told me there was some misinformation, and wanted to verify prior authorization of the equipment. Comes back, and said it was authorized, great, I knew that...but before I drop $600 on a rent to own machine, I wanted to talk to the Dr. She comes back with there's some more misinformation. My cost should be $0! Call med place back, they tell me I am wrong. I said call the provider line, use this verification #. They said they already verified through Southern Horizons. Who's Southern Horizons? My insurance is UHC, call the provider line and use this #, they said you hadn't verified. She tell's me she'll re-verify just to make sure. Calls back and says I am right, and goes into the whole rent to own bit. I stop her and said rent to own? What's my cost/payment? $0.....Oh well, no out of pocket cost, I'm done arguing as long as I know it isn't costing me anything.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"worthless as tits on a boar hog" LMAO........... MOM????

Mom used to say that too me all the time......

I have had some frustrating dealings with customer service reps, The latest being With Home Depot.com. I purchased $60 worth of rubber PVC couplings and magically a $400 Echo weed eater as well. I always check the final price before clicking order and enter the cost in my checking or credit card register. But As soon as I get the receipt email. I had also purchased the weed eater. Have no idea how it got there since I never even looked at it on the web site. So then the CSR talks to me like I'm a dumbass and that I must have put it in my cart. I Put it on speaker phone at that point and recorded the rest of the conversation. Took that to the Home Depot here in Lawton and played it for the Manager. He got on the phone with corporate and played them the recording. Corporate wasn't happy. The store manager gave me a 25% discount on my next order as well as my Mil 10%. Was kinda surprised about that, pleasantly though.

For the most part, CSRs I have dealt with have been very good. Every so often though, there is one you want to reach through the phone and strangle.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There is a reason they put those CSR people in a locked up building off somewhere that you don't know the location of.

If you could walk in there and tell them what you think of their service face to face, it would not be pretty.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@bigfug, I hear ya loud and clear. I just got a $2k bill for the nerve testing they did during my neck surgery to make sure everything was off the nerves and functioning properly before they sewed me back up. Insurance paid for the surgery, the spacers, the plates to hold it all together, the hospital stay, the meds I took in the hospital, the pre-op and pre-therapy to get ready for the surgery, but not the tests to make sure everything was lined up right and was actually gonna do what they needed it to do before they glued me back together and sent me home.

Go figure ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom