Customer Service ... Oh yes ... RANT ON ... lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck. Don't let them give you crap. Keep asking for a supervisor. Tell them you want to go up the food chain and request their ID number.
If they get attitude, remind them you are recording the conversation, just like them.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck. Don't let them give you crap. Keep asking for a supervisor. Tell them you want to go up the food chain and request their ID number.
If they get attitude, remind them you are recording the conversation, just like them.

You don't need luck when you are a classically trained (meaning OTJ) legal assistant with a stubborn streak a mile long. They get 48 hours to get it right and then I'm instituting my own special brand of scorched earth policy on them.

I actually got all the way up to the VP of a health insurance company once. He didn't do what he said he was gonna do. His secretary was trying to cover for him and I said "If you think for one minute I don't already have the CEO's name and office number you are sadly mistaken. And you are also sadly mistaken if you think my next call is gonna be to the Better Business Bureau if I don't get a tracking number for the check you are supposed to have already sent to EMSA a month ago before this phone call is over. THAT will be my SECOND call.

She put me on hold and 5 minutes later came back with a tracking number for an overnight package. The billing clerk at EMSA called me laughing when she got the package. Said she had NEVER gotten an overnight package from an insurance company and she'd been doing that job 22 years. :sunbath:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hire someone to do a job and they do at it and when they leave you have to go back a correct their mistakes-and often clean up after them!!! That's why I do everything myself. There are no craftsmen anymore, they get business card and their in business. Most of them are PhD's (Post hole Diggers)

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what some people will tell you, I'm a pretty easy going gal.
I'm just wondering if you were able to type that with a straight face...
556files.net_styles_default_xenforo_smilies.retro3_rolling.gif

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if you were able to type that with a straight face...
556files.net_styles_default_xenforo_smilies.retro3_rolling.gif

Why, of course I was ... I can't help it if I'm surrounded by snowflakes who can't handle someone having a different opinion than them and don't have a sense of humor ... lol :hey3:

I lose no sleep over those folks ... and there are an AWFUL LOT of them out there ... haha!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Consumer advocate on contract? You'd be good! lol

You know, I have actually thought about doing that. Just not sure exactly how one would get started ... or what to charge ... or how to deal with people who don't get the result they want (i.e., want me to talk to the hospital and or insurance company and get their bill negotiated down to nothing.)

On top of that I've used up about 16-20 hours of my own time dealing with this ONE problem. You don't even want to KNOW what I'm going through with my health insurance company right now because they assured me everyone on my surgical team was in-network and now they are telling me there was a misunderstanding and I'm gonna have to pay out the difference. If this appeal doesn't get me the result I'm entitled to (since when did anybody pay for MY mistakes??) I see a mediation in my future ...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I have actually thought about doing that. Just not sure exactly how one would get started ... or what to charge ... or how to deal with people who don't get the result they want (i.e., want me to talk to the hospital and or insurance company and get their bill negotiated down to nothing.)

On top of that I've used up about 16-20 hours of my own time dealing with this ONE problem. You don't even want to KNOW what I'm going through with my health insurance company right now because they assured me everyone on my surgical team was in-network and now they are telling me there was a misunderstanding and I'm gonna have to pay out the difference. If this appeal doesn't get me the result I'm entitled to (since when did anybody pay for MY mistakes??) I see a mediation in my future ...

It would be a "novel" business model for sure. But you would excel at it if you could figure it out. I wonder if those shingle hangers would come down on you for horning into their business? :scratch:

Maybe "personal assistant"? My aunt was a "personal secretary" for some Hollywood big shots and she handled basically everything in their normal personal lives. Paid bills, kept them up to speed on schedule, made the travel arrangements, basically everything. Even picked up and dropped off dry cleaning and got the kids to and from school a few times when the driver was sick. Maybe an idea along these lines. The very well to do will already have this, but stepping down the societal scale just a bit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom