Customer Service ... Oh yes ... RANT ON ... lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I tried hanging out my shingle; it sucked hard vacuum. She knows I made her an offer to let her run my business, and she had the good sense to run me off. Don't speak ill of her; speak ill of me and my ilk.

I think I could make a successful solo practice with someone like @Annie actually running the show.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think there is a market now for personal assistants but I do recall a few years back when someone tried to get something like that off the ground and it didn't work out for her like she thought. Rich folks are notorious about not paying the hired help for ANY little ol' thing.

I worked for an attorney's office for a while -- until I overheard him tell the bookkeeper that he didn't care if the payroll checks bounced but she better make sure is house and car payment made it through the bank. He never did figure out why I found another job and left. He thought we were getting along swimmingly. Dumbass ... I was a single mom working 2 jobs and barely making ends meet. If my paycheck had ever bounced we would have been homeless in a heartbeat.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I tried hanging out my shingle; it sucked hard vacuum. She knows I made her an offer to let her run my business, and she had the good sense to run me off. Don't speak ill of her; speak ill of me and my ilk.

I think I could make a successful solo practice with someone like @Annie actually running the show.

You let me get my voice back and we will talk. I'm in speech therapy and getting better. The guys at the ENS said I sound better than I did at the last ENS. The speech therapist thinks it's not permanent, just weak from not eating solid food for so long. Give me another 6-8 weeks and we can talk again. Plus I need to build those muscles in my neck and upper back up so I don't wind up back where I started, scrunching the vertebrae back down and causing the spacers to sink. Going for some kind of swallow test next week to make sure it's just weakness from lack of use (remember I haven't had solid food in 90 days now and that hardware irritates my throat every time I swallow or talk for very long) but she and I both think it's more likely weakness from lack of use than it is nerve damage because it is slowly getting better. A little stimulation from rougher foods, and those exercises ought to help tremendously.

I'm actually pretty excited about the prospect of being able to go back to work. I never thought I'd see the day but I miss the legal research and strategizing -- and the picking on the lawyers ... :anyone:

You were the second job offer I got in a week. And I told them the same thing. I'm not gonna take a job, get trained and then not be able to do what you need me to do. You gotta admit, if a secretary is worth her salt, you shouldn't have to talk to the clients when they call, after your initial consultation, except for trial prep. She should be able to handle the phones, basic pleadings, filings, courthouse runs, trial prep, work up your itinerary before you even know what needs to go on it and filing pleadings, billings and collections and STILL have time left over in her day. Your only job should be research, finding clients and settlement negotiations and trial prep. At least that is how I was taught anyway. And I've never worked for less than 3 lawyers at a time. It would be a DREAM to work for just one ... lol

In fact, I'm looking at taking the paralegal classes online at the go-tech between now and September, when I get my next round of xrays to brush up ... if they look good then -- and my voice is back steady -- I'd interview with you in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's twice today you've made me chuckle. And I only speak ill of shingle hangers in jest. Until they run for office that is...:blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom