CZ 455 w/Vortex Crossfire at the Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shot this RIFLE using iron sights at the Groundhog Day Rimfire Jamboree ENS on Feb 2nd. After, I had the fellas at Big Boys mount and bore sight a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7 X 32 Rimfire Scope with the V-Plex Reticle (very fine crosshairs) on it.

Using CCI Standard Velocity, 40 gr, this first was my first 5-shots for a group at 25 yards today. Pic #2 is my buddy Jimmy's group. I think I need to bring it a few clicks right. ( I did and the rest were pretty much dead-on POA/POI). Click, click, click, click: We were shooting the eyes out of the little ducks and pigs on this Carnival target at 25 yards.

I was going to maybe lighten the trigger up some with a Yo Dave spring kit, (https://www.yodaveproducts.com) but after today, I think all I am going to do with this rifle now is shoot the crap out of it. I dunno if some match grade ammo would make any difference, but I think I'll get some RWS, some SK and some Ely and see. My 5-shot group can be covered by a dime as is and this was with plain old CCI stuff from Walmart.

I want to take it outside now and see how it performs at 50 and 100 yards. I'm betting it will do as well as I can make it do. I think I got a good Rifle/Scope set-up here folks. This is my first CZ; I have had many other rimfire rifles, but never again. This thing has me spoiled! I want another CZ now that I can leave with iron sights now though. Maybe the long barreled Trainer...
c0c180c659d7e370ca4e9da8dbab566c.jpg

29e7b0be27d78bef269b39d97cb850e9.jpg

71ea5aede10346c4f35e0946fdc78d04.jpg

49d0a648dd760853c028bf15d834a0b2.jpg

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So CCI SV is a pretty good overall target round especially for the price. @Cowcatcher even has some SD numbers on it somewhere if I recall right. Its pretty impressive for $25 a brick on sale. So you can easily improve those groups some match ammo. But price will go way up. I know a few guys that have CZ 22s for match guns. Eley Match in the black box is probably the most popular round guys use that I know. Another buddy has great luck with RWS Special match in his CZ and another uses Fiocchi 320 super match in his CZ. The main thing if you start shooting at 100 yards make sure you not using HV ammo.

Here is a lot of info on different 22 ammo's at different distances. Eley and Lapua are your two most popular with target shooters and you can see why.
https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So CCI SV is a pretty good overall target round especially for the price. @Cowcatcher even has some SD numbers on it somewhere if I recall right. Its pretty impressive for $25 a brick on sale. So you can easily improve those groups some match ammo. But price will go way up. I know a few guys that have CZ 22s for match guns. Eley Match in the black box is probably the most popular round guys use that I know. Another buddy has great luck with RWS Special match in his CZ and another uses Fiocchi 320 super match in his CZ. The main thing if you start shooting at 100 yards make sure you not using HV ammo.

Here is a lot of info on different 22 ammo's at different distances. Eley and Lapua are your to most popular with target shooters and you can see why.
https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/
School me please. Why no HV ammo at 100 yds ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom