CZ Scorpion vs AR 15 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Muzzle blast isn’t too bad if you install a Flaming Pig or similar in place of the flash hider, it directs the blast down range. I have a Flaming Pig on my AR pistol and it helps a lot.

As for the CZ, you could have the pistol barrel installed instead of the carbine barrel but you obviously would have to remove the butt stock. My Scorpion pistol has a folding brace, I like it without even shouldering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
You know you can shoulder them right?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Muzzle blast isn’t too bad if you install a Flaming Pig or similar in place of the flash hider, it directs the blast down range. I have a Flaming Pig on my AR pistol and it helps a lot.

As for the CZ, you could have the pistol barrel installed instead of the carbine barrel but you obviously would have to remove the butt stock. My Scorpion pistol has a folding brace, I like it without even shouldering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Careful!!!

You can't go from rifle to pistol. If it's ever, ever, had a stock on it, it's a rifle. Even after removing the stock and putting a brace on it, you would legally be creating an unregistered SBR if you install a pistol barrel.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful!!!

You can't go from rifle to pistol. If it's ever, ever, had a stock on it, it's a rifle. Even after removing the stock and putting a brace on it, you would legally be creating an unregistered SBR if you install a pistol barrel.

100% correct, thanks for reminding me of that. Scratch my comment about changing the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn’t take it. I went ahead and bought the PSA 10.5” upper receiver with the flash can on the end. It is a .223 wylde 1/8 twist barrel with carbine gas system. The lower is a complete PSA lower with the sb tactical pdw brace. I’ll post pics when I get it in. I’m like a kid. When I see something I want it eats at me until I get it. Now my credit card is about maxed out. lol. Just kidding.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn’t take it. I went ahead and bought the PSA 10.5” upper receiver with the flash can on the end. It is a .223 wylde 1/8 twist barrel with carbine gas system. The lower is a complete PSA lower with the sb tactical pdw brace. I’ll post pics when I get it in. I’m like a kid. When I see something I want it eats at me until I get it. Now my credit card is about maxed out. lol. Just kidding.
I think you'll love that configuration. I have an Aero M4E1 10.5" pistol with the SBA3 brace, and I shoot it more often than my BCM rifle. Even with an A2 birdcage, muzzle blast isn't that bad, and the flash can should mitigate it even further. I've been eyeballing that PSA upper, and look forward to hearing how it performs and how you like it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
95C512F3-1D04-4E84-BC7B-C7A07258045B.jpeg
0D73E0EF-B815-4623-A64D-769DC990D37E.jpeg
3BF1EB5B-C9BC-48EF-A0D1-F2263183D79F.jpeg
1B87DF85-30AF-4083-9567-CF315AF8DA11.jpeg
I got the upper in but they haven’t sent the mower to my ffl yet. I called today and they said they were just finishing up with another batch of lowers. Also said then were having issues getting more braces from sb tactical. I would love to know why they ran the add saying they were in stock when they weren’t. Here is a picture of the upper at least. The barrel from the revolver to the gas block is the biggest I have ever seen. It is so big I can’t use the qd point in the rail. Not too happy about that. Now I have to buy a qd attachment. But other than that it is excellent.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
74A04001-8589-4064-A540-BDF79059DA8C.jpeg
4602F712-8AA0-424D-BC02-8C049385AE90.jpeg
B3919B8E-CAAB-4FA3-A72D-C480430995D6.jpeg
3EAF28B5-7D11-401F-8C38-F4424B9F7F34.jpeg
Is it the forward QD mount that is obstructed? I typically use the one back by the receiver, so it wouldn't bother me. Hope it runs well for you.
The front and the back one can’t be used. The barrel is so thick in the back it won’t work. I just bought a bcm qd mount. Works great. Here is the pictures of the pistol completed. I’m gonna try and shoot it in the next couple of days. But I have to say that I am very happy with the looks of it. It is made very well. The upper and lower is perfectly anodized. It doesn’t look parkerized but more of a flat black. The trigger is the PSA enhanced trigger which actually feels pretty good for a basic trigger. Overall I am very happy with the purchase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom