CZ Scorpion vs AR 15 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a handy little package. Hope it runs as good as it looks. I'm going to grab one of those uppers the next time I see one on sale.
If you get their emails it will be on one of them soon I’m sure. I get them all the time. There are different versions of the upper though. Some have a different rail and barrel. I slapped an aim surplus nickel boron exo coated bcg in it along with a spikes T2 buffer, raptor charging handle, radian short throw ambi selector, magpul pro sights and the bcm grip and angle grip. I just need a geissle trigger and I’m all set.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't hold out. PSA had the same kit in 5.56 nitride for $399 shipped, so I grabbed it. They had just the upper for $317 shipped, so the entire pistol lower kit ended up costing $82. The SBA3 brace typically runs over $100, so the deal was too good to pass up. Now I need to grab another stripped lower.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got in from shooting it for the first time. I only shot 30 rounds because I had to pick dog crap up and other stuff. Fun fun. I’m going to test it more thoroughly soon. Everything went great until I got to round 27 and I had an FTE and a double feed. The double feed might have been caused by me charging the weapon to kick the stuck shell out and it didn’t , hence forcing another round into the round already in the chamber. I was using federal 55 grain surplus. Never had a problem with it before. Hopefully it wasnt anything big. After clearing the malfunction I loaded up the last three rounds and they all went bang. I was very surprised how soft shooting it was. And I absolutely love the pdw brace. Very comfortable. I’ll report back when I get more rounds through it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice setup. I'm debating a 10.5" PSA too vs another 16". Was at the range yesterday and someone was going "fully semi auto" with theirs.... Damn those are loud.
Is the pinch bolt on the rear of the handguard narrow enough to fit inside a picatinney rail profile?
I don’t understand your question.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received my kit on Thursday, which was much faster than I anticipated when ordering. I disassembled the BCG and cleaned/oiled it, then slapped the upper on a pistol lower I already have. The lower is just a Anderson with CMMG parts kit and a Hyperfire trigger. I mounted a Vortex Spitfire AR (1x prism), an Arisaka hand stop and a Surefire light.

Finally got to sight in and shoot it a bit today, just 40 rounds since I didn't want to annoy the neighbors too much. No malfunctions and it is a very handy little package. I like having the extra handguard length and the flash can didn't have that big of an effect on recoil.

I'm going to keep the PSA parts kit for spare parts and probably pick up another Aero M4E1 Enhanced stripped lower. That combined with a BCM parts kit is my favorite combo right now. I may splurge and get a Larue MBT or Geissele G2S, but it's hard to beat the Bravo Company PNT for the price.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the PSA upper. Only time will tell with regards to durability, but so far so good.

IMG_0549.jpg

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Received my kit on Thursday, which was much faster than I anticipated when ordering. I disassembled the BCG and cleaned/oiled it, then slapped the upper on a pistol lower I already have. The lower is just a Anderson with CMMG parts kit and a Hyperfire trigger. I mounted a Vortex Spitfire AR (1x prism), an Arisaka hand stop and a Surefire light.

Finally got to sight in and shoot it a bit today, just 40 rounds since I didn't want to annoy the neighbors too much. No malfunctions and it is a very handy little package. I like having the extra handguard length and the flash can didn't have that big of an effect on recoil.

I'm going to keep the PSA parts kit for spare parts and probably pick up another Aero M4E1 Enhanced stripped lower. That combined with a BCM parts kit is my favorite combo right now. I may splurge and get a Larue MBT or Geissele G2S, but it's hard to beat the Bravo Company PNT for the price.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the PSA upper. Only time will tell with regards to durability, but so far so good.

View attachment 126130
Looks great. How do you like the brace?

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I bought the Tailhook Mod 1, I thought it was the perfect pistol brace. The SBA3 is just as good, but different. The Tailhook is aluminum and has no adjustment, so once I paired it with a KAK buffer tube it gave me the proper length and felt rock solid. The SBA3 is nice since it allows the longer PSA upper to fit my "tennis racquet" case by completely collapsing the brace.

I'm going to leave the SBA3 on the Anderson lower for now. When I assemble the new Aero lower I'll probably use the Tailhook. I love both braces and highly recommend either one.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 126130

How you like the Aero M4E1s? Just about to order a matched set.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How you like the Aero M4E1s? Just about to order a matched set.

The Enhanced M4E1 is hard to beat, especially for the price. I bought a 10.5” complete upper from Aero, and assembled the lower myself. Assembly was a breeze, and using a screw instead of pin to retain the bolt catch made it that much easier. Aero doesn’t include the retaining screw for the takedown pin, so you’ll have to buy it if you want to use one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom