CZ usa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whats you guys think on the cz-usa, im thinking:preocc: from what i gather its like bersa brand but what you "pros think":yelclap:....

That's a pretty big insult to CZ...

No offense to Bersa - their Thunder .380 is a decent gun, but I've not been too impressed with anything else they make (and their .380 mags sucked for a while when they "upgraded" them).

I've yet to see a CZ that I didn't like - they're accurate, reliable, and well made.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CZ makes a great firearm,I have owned a few and just the other day bought a new CZ P-07 in 9mm.
Took it out the past 2 weekends and already have ran about 600 rounds through with no issues,Bersa makes a good gun but no where close to that of CZ....

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had good luck w/ all of mine.....they are not Colt or S&W, but good quality. I have never had a Bersa, but would not be afraid to buy either.

Chocobo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think CZ are very good guns. They are just about as good as some of the top dogs like Sig, S&W, & Glock. And if I am correct, most of them are made of all steel.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whats you guys think on the cz-usa, im thinking:preocc: from what i gather its like bersa brand but what you "pros think":yelclap:....

They're far from Bersa. They've made some big strides in my eyes.

Now if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty Look at their P-01 and look at the NATO approval it got. Yeah I know I just opened up a shitstorm, but if you look at the NATO tests, to me it's like taking your pretty Glock, tying a rope to it dragging it down a dirt/gravel road at 25mph for X distance and seeing if it still works.

Granted I'm all about durability, but I'm also interested in what the pistol looked like afterwards.

http://cz-usa.com/press-releases/102/

The pistol must be 100% reliable in extreme conditions, the following is a list of some of the minimum requirements.

Must be able to complete the following without failure:

4000 dry firings
3000 De-cockings
Operator level disassembly 1350 times with out ware or damage to components.
Complete disassembly 150 times, this is all the way down, pins, springs etc.
100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

After these tests are complete the gun must fire without service.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom