Czech Vz. 24 questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

turns out it's actually a post war Czech K98. I bought a late war K98 stock for it, measured the cleaning rod channel, and ordered a 12 1/2" rod. It's almost back together and looking good. I'll post some pics of the journey next week when the rest of my parts arrive.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

turns out it's actually a post war Czech K98. I bought a late war K98 stock for it, measured the cleaning rod channel, and ordered a 12 1/2" rod. It's almost back together and looking good. I'll post some pics of the journey next week when the rest of my parts arrive.

What kind of stock did you get? If its a rough late war one I'll trade you a nicer one for it. I'm looking for a stock for a dot 44. Your postwar Czech k98 would not have had a cleaning rod since the Germans had omitted the cleaning rod and bayonet lug. When the Czechs resumed production they brought back the bayo lug but not the cleaning rod. Your rifle would have had the kriegsmodell style bands but with a bandspring instead of screws. Unfortunately those style bands are expensive nowadays and ironically were robbed off postwar Czechs to restore German sporterized rifles. I have a Czech k98 stock to trade if you're interested.

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of stock did you get? If its a rough late war one I'll trade you a nicer one for it. I'm looking for a stock for a dot 44. Your postwar Czech k98 would not have had a cleaning rod since the Germans had omitted the cleaning rod and bayonet lug. When the Czechs resumed production they brought back the bayo lug but not the cleaning rod. Your rifle would have had the kriegsmodell style bands but with a bandspring instead of screws. Unfortunately those style bands are expensive nowadays and ironically were robbed off postwar Czechs to restore German sporterized rifles. I have a Czech k98 stock to trade if you're interested.

I got one of these : http://www.jgsales.com/military-surplus-german-k98-mauser-stock-wwii-production,-yugo-refurbished-post-war,-complete-with-metal.-p-70207.html

It was super greased up, so I cleaned it up some. Non-matching stock/handguards, with a refurb serial on the buttstock.

It's not the correct stock for the gun, but I wanted the bayo lug and cleaning rod. When Numrich sends me my last few parts, I'll put it together and take some pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom