D-Day Plus 78 Years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished watching "Band of Brothers" again on Sun night. It reminded me of what an important day this was in the history of the world 78 years ago. We owe so much... And it's really a shame to see what's happening to the country those men fought for. I'm forever grateful to them.

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished watching "Band of Brothers" again on Sun night. It reminded me of what an important day this was in the history of the world 78 years ago. We owe so much... And it's really a shame to see what's happening to the country those men fought for. I'm forever grateful to them.
What a great show. Can you imagine the 18-20 year olds today storming the beaches like these brave men. We owe these guys who stormed the beaches so much. When I get to complaining about things I put that dvd in and watch what these guys went through. I have no reason to complain about anything. These guys in Easy Company will always be hero’s to me

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew an old man once upon a time (RIP good sir) who was there, storming the beaches of Normandy. He said his kids and grandkids keep asking him to watch Saving Private Ryan.

He finally did...for about 10 or 12 minutes, then he couldn't take it any longer. He said it was so graphic and so genuine, that he couldn't relive that opening battle scene. But he did say that all the actors were too old. "We were just a bunch of damned kids" I remember him saying.

download.png

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a great show. Can you imagine the 18-20 year olds today storming the beaches like these brave men. We owe these guys who stormed the beaches so much. When I get to complaining about things I put that dvd in and watch what these guys went through. I have no reason to complain about anything. These guys in Easy Company will always be hero’s to me

I dunno... I once thought the same about kids these days. Then the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan came along and we saw the same type of heroism and sacrifice, just with modern overtones.

My son will retire from the Air Force next year. He's been a TACP/JTAC his entire career and completed 7 tours between the two, earning a Bronze Star w/"V" device in Fallujah.

That's not to take away from the amazing sacrifice of WWII veterans at all. Or the vets from Korea or Viet Nam. I think maybe they had it even harder against the Japanese in the Pacific. They were some brutal and fanatical sonsabitches...

The bottom line is American warriors have always been pretty amazing as a group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom