DA/SA Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a bunch of quality pistols out there that fit this description. I’m talking hammer fired DA/SA Pistols; gun’s like the Sig P Series, CZ 75 Series, Berettas Model 92, 96 etc.
Of the many, I think my favorites in this category would have to be the CZ P01 and the Sig M11 A1; both chambered in 9mm. My M11 A1 is the most well balanced, most ergonomic, best shooting pistol I’ve had. The CZ is every bit the pistol the Sig is; it just boils down to how the gun feels and shoots for you. The Beretta line is another proven design, just seems to be too fat for my liking. So what DA/SA Pistols do you prefer for range, nightstand and or carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
None.

I really liked S&W second and third generation pistols and had a West German Sig P226 I liked up until I finally came around to shooting striker fired pistols about ten years ago.

I have shot some really slicked up da/sa pistols but nothing that would make me want to own one.

Now, S&W pinned and recessed revolvers are a different story.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Sigs, but I have really taken a liking to the CZ 75 series. I have two now, and would like to find a used P-06 or something in a .40 that isn't $1500.

The feel of the grip on the CZ is just very comfortable to me, and I've never heard of one that didn't shoot very well. I don't like my Sig nearly as much, but then it's the lowest priced Sig they make, so probably not a fair comparison. I've never handled any of the polymer CZ's, so can't say if I'd like them as well or not.

Wouldn't mind having another Sig too, was this >< close to ordering one of the LEO P226's someone linked a few days ago at $320.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not what I was thinking at all when I read DA/SA pistols.

I click on it and expected to see revolvers
For close range I care less about the trigger as long as it is reliable and hits where I aim or point it.

But I am easy to please.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love DA/SA. I currently do not own any but I wouldn’t hesitate to bring in another. In fact, I’m probably going to get a P220 steel framed 10mm before too long. I absolutely love the CZ line. I owned the shadow 2 for a while and it was an amazing gun.

Now, I’m fighting with myself on the P225-A1. It fits the hand so damn well, great weight, great trigger. Just what the hell do I need with another single stack 9mm? It would be another fun range toy but for carry or nightstand duty, I’d choose higher capacity or larger caliber. It’s a sweet little gun though.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That P225-A1 is one sweet pistol...I had a P239 I loved but the darn thing would fail to feed FMJ sometimes so it had to go. Sold it with full disclosure to a guy who said he just wanted it for a range gun. It sure was a good shooter, but FTF FMJ? Seriously?

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carry, FN P40, BUG S&W DA only J Frame .357, Nightstand FN P.45 with light and laser, table beside my recliner CZ75 .40, Competition, Sig 226 MK25, Sig P220, Sig P6.

Latest posts

Top Bottom