DA/SA Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always really liked Beretta 92 series pistols. Although some third gen. S&W pistols were very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for Beretta. The grip fatness doesn't bother me but I have a slicked up type M (single stack) that's noticeably thinner.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought the S&W autos were some of the biggest overlooked pistols out there. But I still wouldn't trade a truck load of em for a striker fired pistol. I prefer the same trigger pull for every round.

Hell, on the DA/SA pistols, you might as well fire that first round in the air, because you ain't gonna score a 10 ring with it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought the S&W autos were some of the biggest overlooked pistols out there. But I still wouldn't trade a truck load of em for a striker fired pistol. I prefer the same trigger pull for every round.

Hell, on the DA/SA pistols, you might as well fire that first round in the air, because you ain't gonna score a 10 ring with it.
If you can do it with a J frame revolver, you can do it with a DA/SA auto. Practice!

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Back in the day that the standard duty weapons were .38/.357 revolvers if one put in the range time, DA shots could be in the "10 ring" repeatedly.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have older Sig Pistols. West German P-6, P226 and a P-220. All have been reliable and accurate. The P-6 did need to ramp work to get it to feed hollow points, but it’s working like it’s supposed to.

I lightened the DA trigger pull on the P6 and P220 by installing a lighter hammer spring. I was expecting some malfunctions like light hammer strikes, but none so far.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20190817_204141.jpg

Beretta PX4 Compact in both 9mm and .40 S&W, Walther P22QD and Taurus PT840. Have yet to shoot the 9mm PX4 (just got it last weekend) but the other three have been pretty good to me. The P22 can be picky on ammo but neither the Taurus or my .40 PX4 have had any issues, other than the annoying mag rattle that plagues all the PT800 series of Taurus. The Taurus has an inexpensive iProtec light/laser combo that my wife got me for Christmas. I keep that gun in my nightstand.

And I'll take my DA/SA over any striker fire out there. The DA pull is not horrible, just have to train for it. But I rather like the idea of the hammer being decocked with a round chambered and knowing I can still pull the trigger and make it go boom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom