DA/SA Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, but one of the features of a hammer fired DA/SA is the ability to chamber a round a decock the hammer, rendering the gun (except for that 1 x 10e-30% chance) impervious to an AD/ND without having to rack the slide when needed. The restrike feature is nice in case you get a light strike, but if you are going to have a striker fired pistol you may as well just have a SA trigger.
You are right about the G2c not having a decocking ability, but that's not the reason Taurus included the restrike feature. There are SA trigger conversions available for the g2c but I don't want to lose the restrike feature. I only mentioned it as it is an oddity in the striker-fired pistol world.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first pistol was a full-size Beretta Storm PX4 40 caliber and ever since loving the gun over the years, and loving it being hammer fired, all the rest of my other handguns are hammer-fired except for my little striker-fired Ruger LC9S that I’ve recently given to my mother. It’s replacement was a Springfield XDE 45.

I really like my PX4’s. I have a total of three now. A full-size 45 and a compact 9mm. I’ve also converted them to type-G’s from the type-F’s they used to be when I bought them. I love the fact that I can carry them (if I did) without a safety. I trust that first DA shot as my safety. And the fact that I can ride the hammer with my thumb in and out of the holster. My new Springfield continues what I’ve started with the Berettas. It has a safety but since I have no interest in carrying it “cocked and locked” 1911-style, I don’t even use the safety.

My woods gun is a Sig Sauer P220 10mm Elite that’s single action only.

The Ruger was a good gun- still is but I’ve just never really liked the safety on it but because of it being what it is, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Px4 in .45 also, and did the same conversion. Not only do I prefer not having a manual safety, but the horns on the original safety levers were killers.

I just went with the regular stealth levers but if I woulda known they even existed, I would’ve preferred to have the Carry levers. They give you a little bit more meat to get ahold of to decock but not too much.

Oh well, I can still work the stealth levers one handed.
b9a9c97713c90d30f825db427e32e00b.jpg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine don't look exactly like those in the pic... they are close. So whatever those are, I guess I have the other one. They are the only ones I saw at the time I ordered them. They are not easy to decock just with your thumb and normal grip... you can, but I usually end up using my left hand to decock it.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine don't look exactly like those in the pic... they are close. So whatever those are, I guess I have the other one. They are the only ones I saw at the time I ordered them. They are not easy to decock just with your thumb and normal grip... you can, but I usually end up using my left hand to decock it.

You have the regular type G stealth levers, like I have. I don’t think they’ve had those Carry levers very long.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for not being around. Had some finacial issues of late, and lost my wife to heart issues in July, so it's like my first time out of the proverbial cave to see the world. Just dealing with life and its up an down's!!
Damn sorry to hear that leighton

Latest posts

Top Bottom