DA/SA Pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a bunch of quality pistols out there that fit this description. I’m talking hammer fired DA/SA Pistols; gun’s like the Sig P Series, CZ 75 Series, Berettas Model 92, 96 etc.
Of the many, I think my favorites in this category would have to be the CZ P01 and the Sig M11 A1; both chambered in 9mm. My M11 A1 is the most well balanced, most ergonomic, best shooting pistol I’ve had. The CZ is every bit the pistol the Sig is; it just boils down to how the gun feels and shoots for you. The Beretta line is another proven design, just seems to be too fat for my liking. So what DA/SA Pistols do you prefer for range, nightstand and or carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CZ Shadow 2, but the CZ-75 sp01 is a reasonably close second.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my Beretta Storm pistols. I have 9mm in both compact and full size. Generally carry the compact in the winter
under coat. Full size for home use.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Beretta Px4 Storm in .45 too, and like it a lot. In my order of preference, probably falls between the CZ 75 and the Sig SP2022. It cost a little more than the SP2022 but toward the lower end of the Sig line, roughly the same as most of the CZ 75's (when I bought each of them anyways).

I personally like the look of the Px4 MUCH better than the APX line... not sure how much the rotating barrel helps with recoil, really hard to compare .45 to .40 to 9mm.... but recoil isn't bad.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get it, but there's a lot of folks who like DA/SA or DA only guns too. So If you have an opinion on that type of action, please share.
I don’t have a DA only, I am or bought a SA only but the trigger was so light on the CZ Orange that I couldn’t shoot it, no take up to speak of. I’ve always been more comfortable with carrying chambered with a da/as decocker set up personally. Eversince the days when the P94DC was my only pistol.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought the S&W autos were some of the biggest overlooked pistols out there. But I still wouldn't trade a truck load of em for a striker fired pistol. I prefer the same trigger pull for every round.

Hell, on the DA/SA pistols, you might as well fire that first round in the air, because you ain't gonna score a 10 ring with it.
Sad.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Cajunized CZ75 and a SP01 that has made me a believer in DA/SA once again. Would really like to try a Langdon Beretta, but most stock configs are lost on me.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Cajunized CZ75 and a SP01 that has made me a believer in DA/SA once again. Would really like to try a Langdon Beretta, but most stock configs are lost on me.
How so? You can buy the pieces off of him and do your own install for much less that the full meal deal, but it'll have all the same guts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom