Dadgum Methodists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What Issues
Well, according to the conference it’s allowance of homosexuals to marry and minister. According to the parishioners it’s some of that, the allowance of trans ministers, their very soft stance on abortion but mostly how they have refused to follow and openly ignore the rules of discipline set forth and voted on by the church regarding these things

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Our local church is going through an upheaval thanks to the latest things being ignored and accepted by some of the Bishops. Just wondering if any of you all’s churches are having the same issues.
There is a Methodist Church in Enid that just went through the same thing, for the same reasons you described. Not sure of all the details but they ended up voting to leave the Methodist church or whatever it takes to no longer receive money/"perks" from the Methodist Church and are no longer under the "Big Methodist church" oversight. Some folks left, some folks stayed, the rainbow crowd torched them on social media calling them hypocrites and bigots, the non-rainbow crowd praised them on social media, etc.

There's several articles about it on FB and other news links.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our church did this just before Covid. We don't have an umbrella denomination to cowtow to but the pastor took a stand on a gay issue (wedding) and probably 10% of the church - the percent that never cracked a bible - left over it
90% stayed and today we're well above the numbers we had before. In Christianity it pays to stick to the only rules that matter, and thankfully God put them all in an easy to carry book.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Evangelical Free Church which I grew up in and attended until moving to the area (by Lake Lawtonka) has not. There isn’t one here, in fact there aren’t a whole lot to choose from since I went from being a city mouse to a country mouse so we started attending a Southern Baptist church that’s about 5 minutes from home. They too have not forsaken the Lord’s teachings to placate this new WOKE agenda.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many bibles out there to read from.
Going to a building with other people and listening to their interpretation has not got me any closer to God than staying at home and believing in what I think the book means.

In 7th grade I left the Southern Baptist because I did not believe all the fire and brimstone they spewed.
I walked right out of church and to my home 3 miles away. Grounded for 2 weeks of course.
Went back and got my bicycle stolen.
Tried another church within walking distance of the house.
Stayed for 2 weeks but as a kid the other kids just wanted to mingle.

I wanted nothing to do with the "daycare" kiddie classes and just stayed in the big auditorium the entire time. I dod not want to know anyone at the church I just wanted to learn the word.
Learned no more than I could reading for myself.

Live a good life and be a good person and do good by yourself and by others and that is good enough for me and no "building" with other people can improve upon that for me.

I spent the days with my grandmother taking her food and cooking for her and repairing and cleaning things around her house and just be with her.

I figured the Lord would rather me do that than go to some Church and sit on my butt with ears open .

My bible thumpin siblings and mother and father rarely helped my grandmother out and would even lay the phone down when she called and just let her talk by herself.

Rude!
And send me to church to learn things..Yea right. Learned plenty by myself.

If you love a church I hope you find a good one but if you have an elderly person you know that could use some help now and then do not avoid them.

Never heard that preached in church but I have heard we need money and then send all the kids to a camp or buy new carpet or new pews that were not needed.

Sorry Rant over :)

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our lives have been much more spiritual since we found out that Waffle House is open on Sunday mornings. I'm pretty sure the extra large tips we leave are better spent than whatever used to get put in the offering plate at that "other" church we used to go to. We see a lot more real fellowship and love at WH than we've ever seen at any organized commercial church business. And believe me, it IS a business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom