Dallas fireman arrested for allegedly faking COVID for paid time off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dallas firefighter suspended from his job and arrested for theft.
He allegedly told his bosses he, his wife and child tested positive for COVID and got $12,500 in paid time off for the illness.
City says financial records showed he took his family on vacation to a water park while supposedly sick and was unable to show they ever had the Rona virus.
He was booked into jail and released on $1,500 bond.
https://nypost.com/2021/08/03/firefighter-lied-about-covid-19-to-get-12k-in-paid-time-off/

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked with a guy that said he was exposed to covid just so he could get a vacation. Another guy pretended to get sick and proceeded to miss the next couple weeks claiming to be sick. He had 17 absences and they let him keep his job. You got fired at 8 absences. Yes he was a member of a protected class. He also had "irrefutable" bowel syndrome .

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work with a guy that has taken off 3 different times with "positive" Covid tests. 10 days per pop.

When he came back the last time I asked him why he wasn't on the news.

Yep ... I worked with a gal like that. First it was this kid ... Then it was that kid ... Then a grandchild ... She worked a couple months' time off outta the deal.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day my day we weren’t lucky enough to have an excuse like covid. My grandparents have died so many times.

I never pulled it, but I worked for an 'ole mean bastard one time that said you could have off for a funeral, but you better bring back one of those little pamphlets, and a bowl of potato salad or your ass was fired.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never pulled it, but I worked for an 'ole mean bastard one time that said you could have off for a funeral, but you better bring back one of those little pamphlets, and a bowl of potato salad or your ass was fired.

Ha. Yeah I’m one of those suckers with job loyalty. Worked for the same civil engineering company for 12 years. Many others. The little people make up lies to take off. The others aren’t questioned. Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you no lies kinda thing. However, time passes and you know these people, eventually their double standards result in financial failure from a major lack of leadership.

Latest posts

Top Bottom