Dallas Morning News Goebblizes the disproven 33,000 FDs to promote gun control legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I constantly preach to my boys if you don't witness it don't believe what you read hear or see on news. When my son was 12 he and I played with video and audio editor that we downloaded for free and did some amazing things and we new nothing I said think what people with knowledge could do very scary.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By and large, we are both gullible and lazy. Feed us entertaining news and views within our comfort zone of belief and we are happy.

There is a deficit of reality checking - that is real life interactions with "different" people and situations. Case in point: I had the pleasure of getting to know a family who moved here long ago from New Jersey. They shared wonderful memories of vibrant ethnic communities and amazing restaurants there. It was almost the first positive thing I had ever heard about the state. As a result I now have a a different and higher opinion of the place.

Passive lifestyles, both experiential and physical, are detrimental.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By and large, we are both gullible and lazy. Feed us entertaining news and views within our comfort zone of belief and we are happy.

There is a deficit of reality checking - that is real life interactions with "different" people and situations. Case in point: I had the pleasure of getting to know a family who moved here long ago from New Jersey. They shared wonderful memories of vibrant ethnic communities and amazing restaurants there. It was almost the first positive thing I had ever heard about the state. As a result I now have a a different and higher opinion of the place.

Passive lifestyles, both experiential and physical, are detrimental.
But remember that what they told you was as loaded with their slant and mis-perceptions as your own so you got a 20/80 mix of truth and BS - you decide which is the 20 and which is the 80.

My father lives in NJ and I grew up in NYC - many great things and many absolutely unacceptable things about each all interpolated through my fallible and biased memory banks.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2017-01-04-aa95c3eb_large.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom