Dallas Texas impound law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know if more individuals were insured then the costs to each for insurance would decrease. Those that could not afford insurance before just might be able to now swing it at that decreased price.

You're right. What if it was made a law that you had to have insurance to drive a car?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right. What if it was made a law that you had to have insurance to drive a car?
That law has already been made of course. The problem is finding and implementing successfully the "big stick" to convince people to go get that insurance isn't working. Oklahoma has one of the worst compliance rates in the country. Hence those of us who buy insurance are taking a big financial hickey to support those who won't. The insurance companies aren't Santa Claus; they will charge enough to keep themselves in business.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^We have plenty of LEOs here on OSA that can give us real life numbers on who does and who does not have insurance, licenses etc. I'm guessing it's far worse than anyone wants to imagine. I'm also willing to bet it has more to do with socioeconomic classes vs anything else. I could be wrong. I usually am...

Years ago, I asked my insurance agent why it was we had to have "Uninsured Motorist" insurance if Oklahoma required everyone to have insurance before getting a license tag. I was informed that many people got policies where they could pay monthly instead of for six months at a time. Then, many of those people would pay the first month's premium to get the insurance verification form and get their tag. After doing that, they would then not make any more payments for the policy, thus getting it cancelled.

After that, I never complained about Uninsured Motorist coverage again. I also doubt that it was "socioeconomic class" that "forced" the deadbeats to do what they did.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You know if more individuals were insured then the costs to each for insurance would decrease. Those that could not afford insurance before just might be able to now swing it at that decreased price.

This sounds like the same line used to sell Obama-care LOL!!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy got off work at midnight and went to taco bell for a snack and got on I44 at 29th street there were many cars along the side of the on ramp and a couple police officers .. he drove up to one and was asked for his license and insurance.. he showed it to them and they told him he was the only legal person checked all night.
We worked swing shift together at FAA at the time.

I agree with social economic theory.
I wish they would do that stop and check all the time everywhere.

On the other side of the coin another friend was driving back in the 80's a Gremlin and we cut trees together.
He had the entire back of that gremlin filled with brush and tree tops. looked like a tree going down the road.
Officer pulled him over and my buddy did not have his license or insurance.
Told the officer right off the bat he was working all the odd jobs he could to afford getting them.

Officer said I thought this would be a truck and trailer hauling all this tree. he also said he just wanted to take a picture and show the guys at the police station because they will never believe this.
Took a pic and told my buddy good for you working and not stealing to make money Carry on!

No ticket nothing.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buddy got off work at midnight and went to taco bell for a snack and got on I44 at 29th street there were many cars along the side of the on ramp and a couple police officers .. he drove up to one and was asked for his license and insurance.. he showed it to them and they told him he was the only legal person checked all night.
We worked swing shift together at FAA at the time.

I agree with social economic theory.
I wish they would do that stop and check all the time everywhere.
Personally, I like having the freedom to travel without showing my papers "all the time everywhere."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how it is now, but when I lived in Kansas, insurance was "No-Fault".
If you didn't pay your insurance, a notice was sent to the state patrol and they would remove your license plate either at a traffic stop or if parked at the home or workplace. They actively looked for those that let their insurance lapse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom