Dallas Texas impound law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bingo, Terry, get off the interstates and drive in town later in the evening on a weekend and you'll eventually find the gestapo check point.
I've been stopped probably 4 times. Always in town (they cant back up interstate traffic for this) and usually after dark on a weekend but not always. I have been stopped mid afternoon but I was also leaving a venue where there was likely to be drinking (boat races). They pick their locals based on the probability of drinking activities and call it a "insurance check stop". BS.

Just for your enlightenment, except for quick trips to some place, I try to avoid the interstates. I prefer the back roads where things are more scenic and laid back. My ticket in Wyoming was during a one day drive from Mountain Home, ID to Colorado Springs, CO, which is an 840-some mile trip. My days of driving trucks seldom ever had me on an interstate. My ticket in the '70's was in Kansas and not on an interstate. Plus, I've had more than my share of nighttime driving in towns and cities of all sizes.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, are you having to show your papers "all the time everywhere?"
I was directly quoting swampratt's post (see boldface text):
I agree with social economic theory.
I wish they would do that stop and check all the time everywhere. [Emphasis added.]
My statement was a response to his wish to have law enforcement "stop and check all the time everywhere."

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for your enlightenment, except for quick trips to some place, I try to avoid the interstates. I prefer the back roads where things are more scenic and laid back. My ticket in Wyoming was during a one day drive from Mountain Home, ID to Colorado Springs, CO, which is an 840-some mile trip. My days of driving trucks seldom ever had me on an interstate. My ticket in the '70's was in Kansas and not on an interstate. Plus, I've had more than my share of nighttime driving in towns and cities of all sizes.
The 70s was 40 years ago and it was not an issue. It happens, often, in the 21th century urban America.

Last edited:

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 seat belt tickets in 2 months here. First was in the jeep with the top off, dropping my son at school.
The other was going across town in my pickup. NPD standing on the corner of I35 and Robinson, looking in people vehicles and radio ahead to officers setting in the bank parking lot at 36th & Robinson. They were piling up the $$. Continuous for 3-4 hours. I was asked at this stop what I carried and where was it located.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 70s was 40 years ago and it was not an issue. It happens, often, in the 20th century urban America.

Ha! We lived in the metropolitan OKC area from 1988 until we retired in 2014. Just over 25 years of living near and working in OKC. Lived in OKC, Edmond, Yukon, Blanchard, and Mustang in those years. Oh, and it is now the 21st century.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! We lived in the metropolitan OKC area from 1988 until we retired in 2014. Just over 25 years of living near and working in OKC. Lived in OKC, Edmond, Yukon, Blanchard, and Mustang in those years. Oh, and it is now the 21st century.
And you likely were not out driving after 10-11 pm.
I don't get why your arguing. It's no secret these things are real.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never said it was false. And, Clay is right, I likely wasn't out after 10 or 11 pm, except on rare occasions.

I also don't drink, so I wouldn't have been out carousing and partying to be a "target" for law enforcement.
I wasnt out drinking either but I was often on my way home at 11-12 pm after dropping my date off at home or leaving friend house. If I had been drinking I stayed at the friends house till morning.
Had I been drinking, I'd have been busted in their "insurance" check line.
Time of day that we choose to be out n about is also our right and we should not be profiled because we are drivng after a certain hour.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom