Dammit, Okies, Stay Out of the News!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdo...oting-deer-hours-before-hunting-season-starts

An Oklahoma man could face poaching charges for illegally shooting a deer with a bow hours before the state's archery hunting season officially began.

The Oklahoma deer hunting season for archery officially kicked off October 1 – however, an unidentified man in Cleveland County reportedly could not wait and shot a deer with a bow and arrow on September 30.

“We got a tip from social media that a man had posted a deer that had been shot on September 30, the evening of September 30, so it would have been a few hours before the season actually started,” Captain Wade Farrar, an Oklahoma game warden, told News 4.

Farrer said they start looking for poaching “about a month ahead of the season,” and then continue a month of two after the season has ended.

After receiving the tip, Farrer send he sent some people to look into the matter.

“My guys went to investigate yesterday. The man claimed that he had shot the deer that morning and that he had checked the deer in online that morning. But, all the facts pointed that it was killed the night before,” Farrar said to News 4.

Farrer said the district attorney has not yet filed charges, but if they do the man could face thousands of dollars in fines and up to 30 days in jail depending on the charge.

"When you go out there and your goal is to break the law, our job is to be there to stop you. And, of course, there are ramifications of that, be it a fine or jail time," Farrar said to News 4.

"Game wardens, our main goal is to enforce the fish and wildlife laws. Our goal, when we come to work every day, is to make sure that future generations have the same opportunities to hunt and fish that we've had," Farrar added.​

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend and his school aged child hear about a bunch of the guys were goig to kill some out of season deer and invited my friends child and the child did not go but did rat the others out and they all got fined.
It starts early. And that way of hunting is taught to them usually by their elders.

I had relatives that hunted like that. I quit hunting with them and for few years after high school and then married and decided to go by myself the right way.
Idiots among us for sure.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Proof
50de839a0ba89965aad8b9dab488a712.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom