Dan Wesson PM-45 1911 purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After having a CZ/ Dan Wesson 1911 on my wish list for a few years I finally bit the bullet and sold a few items to purchase one. @lasher found me one through Buds at a great price. I placed an order on Sunday, firearm shipped Tuesday, and was received by my FFL Thursday. If every purchase through Buds is this simple and easy, I will continue to use them.

I'm planning to visit the range later this afternoon, but here are some obligatory photos in the meantime. Everything is as I was expecting as far as fit and finish is concerned. I don't think that the slide to frame fit could be improved upon. Only complaint is that there was a small burr in the breach area of the slide which was making contact with the side of the barrel hood, but it was quickly and easily removed with a stone. For an all forged parts production gun, with match grade barrel, adjustable sights, checkering, etc, I think this gun is one of the best bangs for your buck available right now. Not to mention the looks of the pistol with it's lack of billboard roll-marks. I wish some of the more common manufacturers would follow suit.

TbbUxr8h.jpg

12A52Joh.jpg

hhf1T7Eh.jpg

QyPbwZuh.jpg

omsWPpUh.jpg

HeIKHjnh.jpg

vQN8qhmh.jpg

YUuPx2ph.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished getting back from the range...very happy with the Pointman. Had a couple mag related FTF's which were my fault for not breaking the DW Checkmate mags in beforehand. Zero issues when I used a used Metalform mag that was known to be good. Below are the last 10 rounds (of 80) fired offhand at 10 yards. I should definitely be able to tighten it up quite a bit more with some additional trigger time. I was just getting comfortable behind the gun when I exhausted my ammo.

RIYdjA7h.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom