Dan Wesson PM-45 1911 purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished getting back from the range...very happy with the Pointman. Had a couple mag related FTF's which were my fault for not breaking the DW Checkmate mags in beforehand. Zero issues when I used a used Metalform mag that was known to be good. Below are the last 10 rounds (of 80) fired offhand at 10 yards. I should definitely be able to tighten it up quite a bit more with some additional trigger time. I was just getting comfortable behind the gun when I exhausted my ammo.

RIYdjA7h.jpg

Very nice. Now, if you would, please explain what you mean by "breaking in the DW Checkmate mags" for those who do not understand such things.
Oh; and don't you hate it when you exhaust your ammo? I know I sure do!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No worries Grasshopper, I will take you under my wing and teach you. A lot of people don't know how good of a shot I am. I can take your 1911 and make a group look like a sawed off shotgun pattern. Now that takes some shootin.lol

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. Now, if you would, please explain what you mean by "breaking in the DW Checkmate mags" for those who do not understand such things.
Oh; and don't you hate it when you exhaust your ammo? I know I sure do!

I failed to load the mags to capacity and let them sit for an extended period of time in order for the springs to relax. I think that Wilson suggests a 24-48 hour break in time on their mags. Not sure if Checkmate recommends anything specific on theirs.

Unfortunately I thought that I had 200 rounds of .45 in my range bag and found that I only had half that. After putting 20 rounds through my USGI pistol just to check function ( I'd replaced the recoil and mag spring) and sighting in the DW, that didn't exactly leave me much to work with. :nono2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom