Dan Wesson PM-45 1911 purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of going with kydex as well. Do you have any OWB models in mind that you would recommend? Garrett Silent Thunder holsters are really the only kydex that I've heard good things about. The Silent Thunder STX and STX 2.0 look interesting, but they're leather lined.
you want something most easily concealable like a pancake holster?or a straight drop side holster

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of going with kydex as well. Do you have any OWB models in mind that you would recommend? Garrett Silent Thunder holsters are really the only kydex that I've heard good things about. The Silent Thunder STX and STX 2.0 look interesting, but they're leather lined.

I carry a bravo concealment. Love it. And they have a 30 day trial period.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t make a recommendation. All the places I used to find good handmade stuff no longer hand mold kydex. Best kydex holster maker is in edmond but he’s notorious for bad service and delays.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah.. I haven’t really used him in years so I don’t even know if he does them anymore.

I'm not sure if he does either, however I will say that you can throw a rock and hit 50 guys making better holsters than he did. Not taking away from what he did, it's just that these guys have gotten that good at it over the years.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he does either, however I will say that you can throw a rock and hit 50 guys making better holsters than he did. Not taking away from what he did, it's just that these guys have gotten that good at it over the years.
I respectfully disagree with you there. the holsters I have from him are sublime. everyone makes overly bulky ravenesque tacos with those obnoxious rivets. Ill start a kydex thread with some photos of his work one of these days. his stuff is pretty laborious or was.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with you there. the holsters I have from him are sublime. everyone makes overly bulky ravenesque tacos with those obnoxious rivets. Ill start a kydex thread with some photos of his work one of these days. his stuff is pretty laborious or was.

I had 3 total rigs from, sold them all, still have a 1911 one I think? and I still don't see it..... but different strokes....

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up ordering one of the Garrett STX 2.0's (see photo below) and a single mag carrier to try out. Very easy folks to deal with so far. They offer a 2 week trial period and gave me a 10% discount code up front to use. I just opted for black kydex with black leather liner (instead of natural). Several features on the holster were customizable, so it will be a few weeks before it shows up. Cost was only a little over $40 more than the 1791 set after factoring in the discount.

blTmXp4h.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom